Esperanza celebrates uniqueness in both our curriculum and our extra-curricular activities and every student knows that we care about them. We have a stable school population with a high percentage of students returning to Esperanza every year. Our reputation for personalized learning is widespread as we have students attending our school from all over the city of New Orleans. Our staff represents a nice balance of New Orleans natives and newcomers to the area with experience in teaching students with unique learning needs and students who are learning English. We have several bilingual staff that work in the office and many positions throughout the school.
- Commitment to reforming education for the children of New Orleans
- Willing and able to carry out the mission and model the values of Esperanza Charter School
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Two or more years of teaching experience (preferred)
- Strong classroom management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to participate in professional development and instructional best practices
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach as assigned. In this position you will be responsible for, among other things:
- Planning and implementing class lessons that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and the additional specific grade-by-grade learning standards.
- Upholding the mission and values of Esperanza in all student and family interactions to ensure our commitment is promoting academic excellence and success.
- Planning and coordinating programs with the faculty and administration.
- Providing ongoing student evaluation through regularly scheduled grade reporting and parent conferences.
- Uphold all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as outlined in school handbooks and manuals.
- Establishing and building great rapport with students to provide a great and exciting learning environment.
- Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff.
- Actively participate in strategic long- and short-term planning addressing individual needs of students.
- Prepare students adequately for all required assessments.
- Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management.
- Remain current on ongoing developments and requirements from the Louisiana Department of Education relative to school accountability, assessment, and curriculum.
Compensation & Benefits Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as 401k benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible