As a Senior Startup Consultant you are responsible for upholding Countsy’s commitment to its clients by focusing on quality in all aspects of delivery while managing multiple projects successfully. In addition, you have the ability to work as a leader, team member or independent contributor as needed to meet Countsy business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and meet client strategic needs; ensure tactical needs are met
- Review work and train junior staff on client team
- Effectively communicate with client and Countsy colleagues to understand priorities and work status
- Demonstrate commitment to client and Countsy success. Become familiar with client(s) scope and tools required
- Prepare and review client deliverables
- Work effectively with client personnel and be positive and respectful in all client interactions
- Seek and communicate ways to improve client satisfaction
- Support Countsy project team with timely response to information requests
- Take ownership of work and follow tasks through to completion
- Leverage client and Countsy subject matter experts (SMEs) to execute the project effectively
- Complete a knowledge transfer to appropriate person as applicable
- Perform all necessary administrative responsibilities in a timely manner (e.g. Timesheet and expense report submission, response to e-mail and voice-mail, forecasting of upcoming availability)
- Proactively communicate status of work to Countsy CFOs or client manager
- Attend Countsy seminars, training and internal meetings
- Update LinkedIn profile as new skills and experiences are acquired
- Perform internal duties, as requested
- Comply with Countsy policies and procedures
- Contribute to achievement of Countsy goals and objectives
- Represent Countsy appropriately in all interactions and communications with clients, prospective clients and the business community at large
- Assist, coach and train staff as needed on projects
- Provide feedback on client work to consultants and management when necessary
- Participate in buddy program
- Develop and share delivery tools; improve existing tools
- Lead Countsy training in area(s) of expertise
- Acquire knowledge of current Countsy service offerings
- Identify and communicate leads to Countsy leadership
- Build and expand client relationships
- Participate in networking on behalf of Countsy
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Basic organizational and problem-solving skills
- Advanced analysis skills
- Effective accounting research skills
- Monitoring/assessing performance of oneself to make improvements or take corrective action
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates these traits: proactive, ownership, inquiring, self-assured, engaging and adaptable
- Intermediate level of knowledge in Microsoft Office tools relevant to practice area including the ability to create and format documents in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- NetSuite, QuickBooks, Bill.com, Dropbox, Expensify
Additional Systems Skills (NetSuite Functional Consultants):
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of NetSuite’s functionality across the following:
- Core accounting functionality is a must (GL, OneWorld, AP, AR).
- Procurement and Fixed Assets is strongly preferred.
- Supply Chain, Inventory Management, and Light Manufacturing is strongly preferred.
- Order-Billing-Invoicing-RevRec is strongly preferred.
- Advanced Revenue Management and SuiteBilling is strongly preferred.
- eCommerce integration (via Celigo, NetSuite Connector) is strongly preferred.
- NetSuite Planning & Budgeting, Manufacturing WIP & Routing, Quality Management, and Advanced Manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Intermediate knowledge of NetSuite’s technologies across the following:
- SuiteFlow for workflow development is a must.
- SuiteAnalytics workbooks configuration is strongly preferred.
- SuiteScript development is highly desirable.
- Integration setup via REST and SOAP is highly desirable.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and positively influence peers and management
- Ability to lead team members to establish priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to conduct formal and informal training
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Ability to adjust to new conditions, clients, tasks and priorities
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude about changes
- Ability to accept responsibility for errors for oneself as an individual and one’s team, propose corrective measures and ensure controls are in place for non-recurrence
- Ability to interact with all levels of client and Countsy management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree
- 8+ years’ experience in hands on accounting role (preferably in technology industry)
- 4+ years of professional services experience preferred
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team
- Exposure to technology industries a plus
Additional Education/Experience/Certification (NetSuite Functional Consultants):
- 4+ years’ experience NetSuite Functional Consultant (consulting and/or internal company role).
- 2+ years’ experience with leading NetSuite integration tools (e.g., Celigo, Boomi, Workato) is highly desirable.
- 8+ years’ experience in hands on IT (Business Apps) or accounting role. Prior experience as Business Systems Analyst is highly desirable.
- NetSuite implementation and optimization/sustaining services experience is a must.
- NetSuite SuiteFoundation, Administrator, ERP Consultant certifications are strongly preferred.
- NetSuite SuiteAnalytics, Financial User certifications are highly desired.
- Certification in NetSuite ARM (Advanced Revenue Management) or Multibook is highly desired.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Accounting: 8 years (Required)
- NetSuite: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote