ACCEL Schools is seeking highly-qualified Virtual High School English Credit Recovery Teachers in Ohio who are dedicated to providing a superior education for all students in our upcoming 2020-2021 school year! We are seeking teachers who are excited to create a rigorous and nurturing classroom environment that prioritizes student learning and social-emotional development. ACCEL Schools uses a cutting-edge 21st-century curriculum, which can be accessed online and through a variety of traditional methods.
The High School English Teacher supports the educational and behavioral goals of all students by providing in a caring and nurturing way.
- Relentlessly work to meet all goals related to student achievement and culture as well as state specific achievement goals.
- Deliver highly effective daily lessons based on student need, rooted in research-based instructional practices.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Utilize research-based best practices in daily planning and classroom instruction.
- Create a joyful, caring, and loving classroom environment for all students.
- Integrate culturally responsive teaching practices into daily lessons and interactions with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Implement school-wide culture expectations and norms, inside the classroom and beyond.
- Communicate weekly with families regarding the academic and social-emotional growth of their child.
- Incorporate 21st century technology skills into daily classroom practice and team settings.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of non-instructional activities such as social events and field trips
- Collaborate and communicate effectively, humbly, and respectfully with all colleagues.
- Collaborate with students regularly to check in on progress in classes, keeping students accountable for achieving their academics, attendance, engagement, and behavioral goals
- Act as mentor for an assigned group of students
- Contact parents weekly to provide updates on student progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current state teaching license in appropriate content area
- Knowledge of State Standards and Common Core Standards
- Preferred two years' experience teaching
- High level of comfort working in a growth-focused coaching environment based on frequent observations, debriefs, action planning, and progress monitoring.
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook
- Ability to properly manage confidential information
- Ability to stand for up to 90 minutes at a time
- Ability to supervise students in all school settings, including in a classroom, on playground or in another play setting, in a meal room, and/or transitioning between any of these settings
- Ability to pass federal and state criminal background checks (FBI/BCI)
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bonafide occupational qualification exists.