The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Supervise claims payable staff and interface with all levels of Management regarding payment of claims.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Oversee audit process of Claims Payable staff
- Maintain reconciliation of credit card and check accounts with Accounting Dept.
- Maintain daily visa and check payments created and process by the Payables team
- Prepare and oversee Department time cards
- Document current policies and procedures in the Claims Department policy manual; develop new
- procedures for improvement
- Review for payment release on cancelled and returned policies
- Oversee parts supplier refund monthly statements and in coming refund payments, send monthly reports to Finance
- Maintain business relationships with vendors, fleet accounts, and agents
- Audit of incoming faxed or mailed invoices
- Oversee and delegate work group voice mail
- Oversee and delegate Inspection accounts for process, verified paid by ACH and Oyster claims in paid status
- Promote and reinforce a safe work environment
- Display a clean work area and organize work area at the end of each day
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Formulates training outlines and determines instruction methods
- Consults with and defines projects with IT
- Gain an in depth understanding of AUL Programs
- Repair facilities and policy holders
- All internal departments
- All levels of management
- Supervisory experience in Accounts Payables
- Strong sense of customer service
- Good organizational skills
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Strong corporate phone system skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs and Adobe Acrobat
This position is a Virtual/work from home position subject to our virtual workplace standards
Note: Pursuant to Colorado law, Protective is providing the applicable salary range for Colorado residents. Salary Range Specific to Colorado: $70,000 - $80,000 base.
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees are able to fully contribute and thrive. Our goal is to grow and develop our people, attract diverse talent and support strong, diverse communities.
We support diversity, equity, and inclusion by working to develop a culture of inclusion and belonging led by leaders who develop potential and embrace unique skills and abilities. Our aim is to create an equitable and accountable environment for all leaders and employees that will drive performance and impact business strategy. In this way, we can increase overall diversity for leadership roles and pipelines of talent by maturing our hiring practices, robust development opportunities and focus on retention of key talent.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
1001 to 5000
$1B to $5B (USD)
"Fun productive work place"
Great place to work , they are very understanding to your personal life I would recommend anyone seeking stability to work here and grow protective will acknowledge you and there is always room for advancement
"It's an okay place to work."
Current Employee•Senior Customer Service Representative
It's an okay company. I've never had an issue with management at any level personally. I don't like the system for raises since they can deny you one.
"Remote customer service, Call Center"
Current Employee•Customer Service Representative
A typical day is taking non stop calls for persons completing life insurance interviews. The job is not difficult, but it is mentally draining. Long calls usually 30 min to an hour taking customer health information. Calls are constant. There was not enough persons working to handle the call volume. Honestly after working in call centers for many years, this job had me entirely brain dead by the end of the shift due to all the stress. I will say that the pay was wonderful as were the benefits. The working hours offered were terrible for call center. 10:30-800 pm cst. The work life balance was not good. There were no options to change to an earlier shift due to the high call volume at night. To change from a CS1 to a CS2 you must stay in your job at least a year. Even if you get promoted there is no change in hours. Also everything that you do on the computer is recorded. Management was supportive as everything was done in a group chat. Training was short (2 weeks) and could have gone more in depth. One thing to keep in mind is if you work the closing shift until 8pm you are not allowed to clock out until all the calls are taken. Many times I will take a call at 7:55 and not get done working until 8:30-9:00. You get paid overtime, but makes for a very long and tiring day of non stop talking.
"This is the worst company "
Former Employee•Call Center Representative
They do not train properly. You are graded on every aspect of the job they expect perfection with out proper training the managers are very difficult to work with the hours are atrocious I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy