We're looking for an IT professional who will thrive in supporting a variety of corporate clients and their users. This position is a part of our Durham-based service team and will provide support to our clients remotely (over the phone or using various remote support tools). This is a hybrid position and you'll be joining a team of other service representatives in delivering outstanding support to our clients and users.
Mainly operating in Windows environments, most of our clients are small businesses with little or no IT expertise in-house. We're not just looking for the best technical skills, we're also looking for folks who interact well with users - whether they're administrative staff or the business owner.
We're looking for folks who have at least:
- 2 years supporting Windows servers
- 3 years providing end-user support (OS, Office, Printing & Scanning, Mobile Devices, etc.)
- 1-year managing network equipment (firewalls, routers, switches, etc.)
- A+ Certification (or similar certification / experience)
You'll also need:
- excellent communication (written and oral) skills
- excellent documentation and record-keeping skills
- the desire and ability to learn new technology
This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits.
- Overtime pay, even though it is a salaried position (Fluctuating Work Week)
- Remote work when not onsite
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability, plus basic life, at no cost to you
- 401(k) with corporate match
- Wellness reimbursement
- Up to 4 paid days per year for volunteer activities
WorkSmart offers a strong, positive corporate culture that focuses on our three Core Values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Personal Connections
- Be Curious
Do the Right Thing
- For our clients, this means making sure any technology and product suggestions we offer are based on need and fit.
- We are not trying to upsell if there is no added value. For employees, this means ensuring a fair and equitable work experience.
- We put a focus on forming personal relationships.
- Outside the company, this helps us to better understand a client's unique set of needs.
- Inside the company, this helps us to remember that employees have more going on than just their work, and we strive to achieve a work-life balance.
- This value also pushes us to communicate openly, resulting in people at all levels being very approachable.
- We believe asking questions in tough situations leads to creative solutions
- We are willing to try new things
- "It's always been that way" isn't good enough
- We seek to understand other perspectives