Senior Graphic Designer: Language Arts, 6-9 month contract
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are seeking a talented and collaborative Senior Designer to bring engaging and innovative design to our portfolio of language arts curriculum print products. The Senior Designer will work collaboratively across teams to develop and produce compelling visual designs from concept through to completed product. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, and will have a passion for exploring and working to solve issues of inequity within education.
The impact you’ll have:
- Join a mission-driven organization focused on developing educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs
Be an integral part of creating educational resources that are used by 8 million students
across the country
- Develop products in collaboration with the educators we serve, as well as work with industry leaders and organizations to ensure culturally responsive resources
- Work with the Design Director, Language Arts and the broader CA Design Team to establish creative direction for new core and supplemental products (print and related digital resources)
- Collaborate with cross-functional Product Design team members, ensuring all designs serve larger program goals.
- Design components, features and layouts with a focus on Teacher and Student usability, never losing focus on the idea that engaged learners are better learners
- Create unique design solutions that promote a sense of fun and engagement with Language Arts content for all young learners
What we're looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree or a comparable level of experience
- Experience in educational or children's publishing and/or media a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in print design processes and production, including layout, page composition, image manipulation/preparation and careful attention to typography
- Experience developing and implementing a product-specific visual design plan, including directing illustrators, photo research, image preparation/manipulation and supervision of additional Designers and Design vendor partners as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to articulate art/design strategy to non-design stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work within a collaborative team-based development process
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and familiarity with Mac OS