About the teamZillow, the top real estate website in the U.S., is building an on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.
Zillow’s Equity and Belonging Team enables and empowers employees to build a culture where they can be change agents in building a strong community where all are included, valued, and able to thrive in their careers.
About the role
As Zillow’s Equity & Belonging Manager you will work to advance the mission and goals of diversity, equity, and belonging for the organization by supporting the structure, maturation, and development of our Affinity Networks into efficient and effective employee resource groups (ERGs).
This person will be responsible for directing Affinity Network chairs, advising Executive Sponsors, and ensuring the networks function at a high capacity providing meaningful value to employees and the business. The efforts of this role is centered on serving as a collaborative advisor providing insights that are instrumental in developing leading practices for employee networks and diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy. This is a relationship driven role that requires excellent communication, project management, collaboration skills, and a global perspective and expertise in the field of implementing diverse, equitable and inclusive operations. Reports to the Senior Manager, Equity & Belonging.
You Will Get To:
- Lead, provide direction, and develop a team of Affinity Network (ERG) Program Managers in their roles and responsibilities supporting our communities
- Operationalize and optimize Zillow Group’s Affinity Network Program (processes, programs, reporting, communications, tools, events, etc.) for scale, process excellence and standardization, all while ensuring amazing member experiences and alignment with our business initiatives
- Direct Affinity Network council members and ensure the networks function efficiently and optimally, providing significant value in their activities to all employees and the business
- Build strong relationships and work closely with Affinity Network chairs in the development of their charter and execution of practical goals for membership, growth, and ally engagement
- Apply strategic diversity, equity, and inclusion leading practice approaches in solving sophisticated cultural challenges, prioritizing, anticipating needs of collaborators, and implementing with operational excellence
- Build relationships, serve as a collaborative advisor, and mentor, executive sponsors and other key team members in their role to ensure comprehension and alignment to DEI and business strategy
- Research and conduct assessments to strategically establish consensus amongst partners in developing and launching future employee resource groups or chapters
- Establish and supervise appropriate Affinity Network Program metrics, measures and reporting to demonstrate programmatic efficiency and growth
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and HR Business Partners to develop and implement strategies for retention, engagement and promotion of diverse talent
Who you are
- Critical thinking: Ability to develop and adjust DEI strategy to address the changing needs of the business. Able to lead with a clear, compelling vision.
- Consulting/Influencing: Practices constructive inquiry and ability to influence
- Communication skills: Able to optimally communicate what we are doing and why we are doing it visually and verbally and to guide conversations and credibly present ideas and recommendations at all levels within the organization.
- Team development: Able to inspire and provide coaching, clarity and direction to direct reports
- Analytical skills: Able to distill data down to key insights that enable great decision-making.
- Project/Program Management: Project management and organizational skills with a proven ability to navigate in a fast-paced & performance-oriented environment.
- Discernment: Strives to understand how our business works, and grasps complexities and connections among problems or issues, able to prioritize initiatives that will have the greatest impact on success.
- Discretion & Confidentiality: Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, tact, and poise in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Process management/leveraging technology: Ability to create and refine processes as necessary. Evaluates and recommends new tools and technology as needs evolve.
- Compassion: Ability to listen and help others feel heard, understanding multiple points of views and being a vehicle for helping others understand and learn other views
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of multiple facets of diversity including intersectionality: cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Diversity and inclusion experience with demonstrated business results working with employee networks and diversity councils
- Degree or equivalent practical experience in organizational psychology, organizational development, talent management, HR, or related field or any additional certifications and/or training relevant to the role
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do is helping people move from dreaming to transacting — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022 list, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, honoring the Best Places to Work in 2022, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2022, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2022, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.