The psychiatrist practitioner under the general direction of the CEO/Chief Medical Director will provide Evaluation and Management services for Psychiatric diagnosis for patients in psychiatric healthcare facilities. The Psychiatrist Practitioner will assist in overseeing the appropriateness and quality of psychiatric care delivered to patients seen in psychiatric healthcare facilities by Moore Medical Group, Inc providers. The practitioner will maintain high standards in the delivery of health care, work directly with provider staff to resolve problems and work to continuously improve Moore Medical Group, Inc. operations and quality of care.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
- Provides Evaluation and Management services for Psychiatric diagnosis for patients in psychiatric healthcare facilities as indicated.
- Reviews potential MMG provider quality issues and determines their appropriateness for review by the Peer Review Committee.
- Assists in developing and revising policies for MMG providers to support utilization management activities, including criteria and guidelines for appropriate use of services, clinical practice guidelines and treatment guidelines.
- Coordinates with the AMD and Director of Clinical services to provide support and appropriate direction to facility staff on issues pertaining to psychiatric care.
- Available to attend Psychiatric Staff Meetings.
- Performs other duties relevant to psychiatrist practitioner role.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those within the compliance process, Standards of Conduct, HIPAA and JCAHO.
- Participates in required orientation, ethics and HIPAA training programs.
- Reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance following Standards of Conduct.
- Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigation.
- Participates, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a current license as an MD/DO in practicing state.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medicine.
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry.
- Must be able to see patients age 5 and up.
- Must have an active current DEA certificate.
- Must have at least 1 year of clinical/psychiatric practice experience.
- Cannot be sanctioned by government or private payers.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, self-motivation, and high personal integrity and ethics required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain courtesy and composure when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work-load and initiate action to require needed information from providers.
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good judgment in making decisions within the scope of authority of the position.
- Ability to relate well to others.
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Exceptional respect for confidentiality.
- Maintains ethical conduct.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of good physical health according to state regulations and proof of TB screening within the year proceeding employment and annually thereafter.
- Complies with Moore Medical Group, Inc. dress code
- Projects a professional attitude toward self, patients, and other staff members
- Follows department public relations policies regarding outside speaking and professional affiliations, clearing all such request through Moore Medical Group, Inc.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $225,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Multiple locations
- Not listed / Other
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings