ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
ICON Strategic Solutions is currently seeking an experienced Clinical Trial Specialist for an opportunity based in RTP, NC, North Wales, PA or Brentwood, TN
- Contribute to the preparation of training materials (Investigator Meetings, Site Evaluation and Initiation Training)
- Manage process for planning and procuring ancillary clinical supplies
- Facilitate and collate country recruitment plans
- Create and manage study specific tools such as recruitment and retention materials and study newsletters
- Maintain study level storyboard
- Facilitate authoring of Investigational Product Information Manual (IPIM) and study specific Important Protocol Deviation (IPD) list
- Compile IRB/EC submission documentation
- Assist with Global Development Operations (GDO) Operational Review preparation
- Prepare Clinical Study Team (CST) meeting agendas and minutes
- Manage global versioning and distribution of informed consent forms (ICFs)
- Facilitate cross functional meetings
- Submit documents to trial master file (TMF) in EPIC
- Ability to understand technical, scientific and medical information
- Understanding of drug development process
- Familiar with advanced concepts of clinical research
- Advanced computer skills
- Detailed knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP), FDA regulations and guidelines, and applicable international regulatory requirements
- Ability to write and present clearly using scientific and clinical issues terminology
- Experience dealing with time demands, incomplete information or unexpected events
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Experience working effectively in a team/matrix environment
What do you need to have?
- BA/BS/BSc or RN
- Specialist experience working in life sciences or medically related field
- Previous biopharmaceutical clinical research experience (clinical research experience obtained working on industry-sponsored or industry-partnered clinical trials, or working on clinical trials at a biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO company)
- BA/BS/BSc in the sciences or RN
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.
HeadquartersHeadquarters 4130 ParkLake Avenue - Suite 400 Raleigh, North Carolina 27612 United States
$1B to $5B (USD)
PRA Health Sciences has been acquired by ICON plc, creating the world’s most advanced healthcare intelligence and clinical research organization. ICON plc is a global provider of drug development solutions and services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. The company specialises in the strategic development, management and analysis of programs that support clinical development - from compound selection to Phase I-IV clinical studies. With headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, ICON currently operates from 77 locations in 38 countries and has approximately 11,700 employees. Further information is available at www.iconplc.com and http://careers.iconplc.com/.
"A great company to work with"
Former Employee•Clinical Research Associate
I enjoyed working at PRA. The managers are helpful and have good work ethics. Although I disagree with the opinion of the HR policies for job termination, I respect the decision and appreciate the help and assistance of the immediate supervisors. I would recommend my friends to work with PRA to enhance their knowledge and professional carrier goals since the zero-tolerance policy related to work ethics and keeping up with the current industry rules and guidelines along with subject knowledge puts the employees among the high performers' list.
"Great training, laser focus on process"
It’s a great place to learn how things should be done. However the laser focus on process kills innovation in this ever evolving field. Advice to leadership
"Amazing workplace, little growth. "
Former Employee•Research Associate
Working at PRA was fun! You meet a lot of great people and you get a lot of downtime. This is an amazing job if you're in school. It's very repetitive work. You always get stuck with extra work when people call in. Which kind of leads to no break.
"Nice place to work"
Current Employee•Project Manager
Pros: I work exclusively with the client which is a big pharma company so no interaction with icon colleagues . Cons: too new to tell but in overall I can say that work environment is not bad.