We're looking for a lead developer who is a Unity expert, obsessed with the cutting edge of 3d entertainment.
Aquifer, Inc., is based in beautiful Austin, Texas. We are transforming how animated media is made by providing media and entertainment companies a revolutionary software-as-a-service platform to collaboratively create animated stories for social and video platforms. Aquifer enables non-animator creative teams from marketing, social media, to content to produce original animated media from videos to live streams in minutes by combining 3D art, augmented reality, 3D cloud rendering, and predictive filmmaking techniques in one easy-to-use mobile and web platform. Aquifer is helping to shape the next generation of creators and entertainment. Our customers include Crunchyroll, G2 esports, Blue Studios, and more.
You are an absolute magician of Unity3d with extensive experience. You are interested in new technologies, including AR and ML, and are obsessed with keeping up to date with current trends in real-time rendering and animation. You are energized by solving big problems by breaking them down into manageable pieces, and motivating your team to solve them.
You are obsessed with quality; you work with all departments to plan and execute to make sure build releases are consistent and tested. Your Unity expertise allows you to do code reviews that refine code and make systems more efficient and reliable.
You appreciate and value clear communication, empathy, and teamwork. You can receive very difficult questions and provide well thought-out responses that create buy-in from team members. You are a natural communicator, and not an individual contributor. Your presence makes the team work faster, even when you don't touch a line of code.
This is a lead role, so please only apply if you have previously led teams of developers and have over 5 years of professional development experience in 3d. Other applications will be rejected. If you have less experience, we would be excited for you to apply for one of our other roles!
We are a startup, so you are not only unafraid to learn new things, but you are excited to do so.
Though we're based in the Austin, TX, area, remote candidates are also encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to create a platform for creatives.
- Write code in a 3d scripting environment, interfacing with external services and APIs.
- Develop in ARKit and ARCore sdks.
- Plan and execute deliverables in a timely manner with Project Managers, guiding efforts for QA and continuous integration.
- Expert scripting/programming skills for real-time game engines..
- Master of real-time technology, including Unity and Unreal.
- A spirit of collaboration with other disciplines.
- An interest in next-gen filmmaking technologies, including virtual production and real-time VFX.
Optional but Encouraged:
- Interest in Film and Animation.
- Experience with computer vision and machine learning.
- UX Design skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, or equivalent training (required).
When you work at Aquifer, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better:
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision * 401(K).
- Generous paid time off (PTO): Vacation, sick, and paid holidays * Generous parental leave policy
- Work from home: Home office equipment and supplies stipend
- A unique culture where you can be yourself
At Aquifer, diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- We ask that applicants apply directly at https://www.aquifermotion.com/job-posts/senior-3d-developer to ensure the fastest response!
- LinkedIn Profle:
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Unity: 5 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Remote