Please note this is a remote position currently open to only the following states: AZ, CO, FL, GA, MI, NC, OH, PA, TN, TX
Remote part-time adjunct faculty position providing instruction in a virtual classroom on woodworking techniques to build and repair stocks of firearms to students who are earning their Associate Degree in Firearms Technology or a college level Certificate in Firearms Technology-Gunsmithing.
In this role, adjunct faculty will integrate their educational and practical experiences into facilitating the course material within an online classroom. It is the responsibility of the adjunct faculty to create excellence in the virtual classroom by providing students with quality instruction and support as they progress through their educational journey.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain teaching assignments in accordance to established faculty requirements and responsibilities.
- Provide academic interaction with students 5 days a week through posted instructor guidance, threaded discussion, and assignment feedback.
- Provide student support through email, phone and within the Learning Management System.
- Grade and provide constructive and detailed feedback on student work to assists students in achieving academic success.
- Foster a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the classroom discussion and learning process.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others.
- Maintain effective and efficient record keeping.
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Serve as consultant on the development of curricular materials as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years or more professional experience in woodworking
- Two years or more experience teaching or training adult learners
Job Type: Part-time
- Do you currently reside in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio Pennsylvania, Tennessee, or Texas?
- Associate (Required)
- teaching or training adult learners: 2 years (Required)
- professional woodworking: 2 years (Required)
- Fully Remote