Interested candidates MUST complete an application online at https://endgame360.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1868372&&&nohd#job
Indeed applications will not be accepted or reviewed.
The duties and responsibilities outlined below include essential functions of the role. Depending on business needs, this role may perform a combination of some or all of the following duties. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The ongoing responsibilities are as follows.
- As a freelance writer with Endgame360, you are an independent contractor and are not considered an employee of Endgame360 or any of its brands.
- You will communicate via email with Endgame360’s Freelance Manager to claim and deliver freelance articles within agreed-upon deadlines. (Our current cap is up to 40 articles per month for each freelancer who has a contract with us.)
- You will draft articles in Word, Google Docs, or a similar format and submit via email. Our in-house team will handle packaging and publishing the articles from there.
- Before starting with any freelance work, you will have the chance to review our brief on our article expectations for freelancers. This will describe the basics for what we expect from you as far as quality, research, sourcing, and article format prior to submission. If your articles do not meet our expectations, we will provide you with appropriate opportunities to correct that work. Repeated or serious breaches of those expectations may result in a termination of our existing freelance contract with you.
- Follow the quality guidelines for our site(s), establish knowledge of what a quality article on our site(s) is, and avoid issues of problematic headlines, weak attribution, poor grammar, and other potential issues that could cause readers to view our site’s work in a negative light.
- Establish strong research skills, including making use of linking and sourcing best practices, to show your stories are based on more than just one person’s opinion.
- Consistently deliver high-quality, self-edited, and professional articles. Have the ability to self-edit articles.
- Submit article pitches relevant to our site’s content and the types of content you normally cover for us. Submit articles you have committed to provide to us that were agreed upon between you and the Freelance Manager.
- You may also be asked to write a specific article or cover a specific topic by the Section Editor.
Demonstrated experience with journalistic and professional writing for other outlets. Experience with our topics areas, and with writing for publishers similar to ours, is preferred.
The final candidate will have many of the following experiences, skills, and personal attributes.
- Meet the criteria of being considered an independent contractor and be able to supply Endgame360 documentation showing evidence of compliance with applicable laws upon reasonable request. This may include evidence of business license, business card(s), and taxpayer identification number.
- A background in and passion for writing about a variety of topics relevant to the site you will be writing for, as well as a strong voice that makes your content engaging and unique.
- A drive and demonstrated ability to reach audiences with engaging and well-researched headlines.
- A working knowledge of SEO is preferred, but not required.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- The skill to recognize interesting news elements, come up with story ideas, and have these appeal to our readers.
- Ability to submit work that follows our best practice guidelines and expectations, as laid out in the contract process.
- Ability to submit work that garners positive reader attention and pageviews.
Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
N/A. We work from home!
Work Location: Remote