Virtual K-5th Grade Tutoring Program – Reading and Math
The focus of the program is to provide K- 5th grade students with support in the academic areas of Reading and Math.
Tutors must be comfortable to tutor in both subjects of English Language Arts/Reading and Math.
Tutors must be available on Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Structure: The program will operate as follows:
- Perform group tutoring session of up to 5 students per instructor
- Each student will have tutoring sessions 2 days a week
- Each session will be at least 60 minutes in duration
- Attendance and session content reporting will be submitted
- Academic progress will be tracked via mid-term and end of year reporting
- Growth in students’ skills will be evidenced by performance on a pre and post assessment
- Establish a “train the trainer” model with parents before conclusion of tutoring sessions to help parents work with their child to maintain their learnings/skills after tutoring ends
Dates: Approximate start date Monday, September 19, 2022 through mid-June 2023 (dates subject to change)
Days/Time: Sessions are either Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday between the hours of 5 pm - 8 pm EST
Tutor Rate: Tutors will be paid up to $25 a hour
Tutoring Cohort: Tutoring sessions will have up to 5 students per tutor
Time commitment: Tutoring sessions are virtual over Zoom 2 days a week, each tutor will do a minimum of 4 hours a week (schedule to be either Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday)
Tutor Requirements: Must have bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or higher; Tutors must provide evidence of criminal background checks and child protection registry checks as required by the State of Delaware
REMINDER: Each tutor is responsible to provide evidence of criminal background checks, and child protection registry checks, and will meet all State of Delaware and Federal Drug & Alcohol testing requirements at their own expense.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 per hour
Work Location: Remote