GEICO is seeking a highly motivated DataOps Engineer to join our Data Movement team. The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to think strategically and be innovative while working in an agile and collaborative team-oriented environment. The candidate must be comfortable working with analysts, developers, Core DevOps, and architects across multiple teams to collaboratively design creative solutions to complex problems. The candidate will support in proactively ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability, stability, scalability, and performance. Must have intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn new skills and technologies along with an excellent work ethic and great communication skills.
- Work closely with Data Engineering Architecture, Ingestion & Consumption ETL developers, Snowflake Admins & Data Architects, Analysts, and Infrastructure teams.
- Lead efforts to design and implement end-to-end CICD pipelines in both non-container and container platforms.
- Setting up build agents with appropriate binaries, configurations, and proxy settings.
- Design & Architect Enterprise Bus Intelligence Platform & integrate w/ Enterprise Big Data Platform.
- Driving development & adoption of Self-Service capabilities & Automation
- Work with customers and other stakeholders to develop correlation visualization, reports and dashboards.
- On-boarding new ETL tools/applications/process to Azure platform
- Developing ADO tasks, variable groups, pipelines that can be used across similar solution types.
- Maintaining repo with appropriate tagging for dbt libraries used by data teams.
- Writing custom PowerShell scripts for new features and integrating in CICD pipelines.
- Monitor ADO pipelines for failures and diagnose/resolve problems.
- Assisting with operationalizing experimental Snowflake queries with dbt
- Creating & maintaining documentation, on-boarding procedures & conduct training sessions on DataOps process
- Work with DevOps core teams to integrate DataOps CI/CD with standard GEICO tooling.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure data relationships are correctly identified and the appropriate owners are identified
- Working knowledge on AKS or Kubernetes, should be able to maintain and troubleshoot the issues in Kubernetes.
- Integrating the Data Pipelines with FiveTran and HVR data ingestion tools.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in solutions engineering and design experience
- 3+ years of experience deploying and configuring software configuration management, build, deployment process, CI/CD, and other application life cycle management (ALM) tools on Microsoft Azure/Windows & Linux-based systems.
- Experience in DataOps, Azure, ADO, ADF, dbt CLI, CM, Linux, UNIX and/or Windows with a strong bias towards automated deployment and operations
- Knowledge of AKS and other container services.
Experience setting up automation related to:
- Job Schedules (Azure Databricks Jobs and Azure Data Factory)
- Databricks Notebook
- Snowflake (External Stage, Tables and Views, Tasks and Streams)
- dbt & dbtCloud
- Experience with designing, building, implementing, and supporting monitoring tool solutions, telemetry, alerts & monitoring – AppInsights, Dynatrace, Splunk, Azure Monitor
- Experience in Debugging & Troubleshooting build and deployment issues
- Strong written, presentation and oral communication capabilities, ability to influence and successfully interface with leadership
- Knowledge of monitoring & management tools, performance modeling tools, capacity analysis tools, and other advanced modeling and trending tools
- Ability to manage multiple demands with a sense of urgency and lead change successfully
- Work with development and different teams to improve performance & configuration.
- Implement monitoring & alerting for critical components of platform.
- Migrate code from dev to production.
- Apply hot fixes, maintenance packages, & perform upgrades.
- Knowledge on Azure ecosystem like Azure data lake, Azure Dataflow, etc.
- Should be able to establish end to end continuous integration and continuous deployment and guide the team on best practices and help them release product/application fast.
- Provide 24x7 support as required for releases & maintenance.
- Knowledge on Azure Data Ecosystem (Azure Data lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Storage)
- Knowledge on Azure Kubernetes Services
- Knowledge on Snowflake platform
- Knowledge of Kafka, Spark
- Knowledge of Power BI
- Exposure to Big Data tools & technologies
- Microsoft AZ-900 & DP-900 is a PLUS along with any other Azure admin certifications
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline setup with best practices using Azure DevOps (ADO) and Azure Data Factory (ADF)
- Experience with FiveTran and HVR data integration tools.
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
- Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.