U.S. Eagle Federal Credit Union is a local not-for-profit, very for-people place. We are a place that quietly does the right thing in a world that cant stop talking about doing just that. At U.S. Eagle, you can make a big impact and help us create a world where people matter more than profit. The Member Experience Specialist I assists members and potential members with their telephone and online requests in a busy call center environment; explains services, offers and recommends CU products and services; responds to problems, and directs phone calls to the appropriate area. Offer exceptional service to members by meeting or exceeding our service guidelines.
We are hiring multiple full-time and part-time positions and are looking for candidates that can work a flexible/variable schedule Monday through Saturday.
- Starting at $15.00/ hour. Previous financial institution call center experience can earn a higher starting wage.
- Remote work opportunities available following training and orientation period for local candidates.
- Opportunities to grow within the call center and Credit Union.
We value our employees and offer generous benefits as a way of thanking our staff for their hard work and dedication to our members and our community.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance is available the first of the month following date of hire.
- Company paid basic life, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) retirement benefit that includes a company contribution and match.
- PTO Accrual (15 days off in the first year of employment).
- Paid federal holidays and paid birthday day off.
These are just a few of the great benefits our employees enjoy!
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Assists members and potential members with their telephone and online requests; answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve; refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor, along with their recommendations.
- Performs member requested transactions such as: account to account transfers, loan payoff, Skip-A-Pay for loans, stop payments, account maintenance, address changes, closing accounts, process Share Certificates renewals, loan and credit card payments.
- Open new subaccounts and Share Certificates over the phone.
- Continuous learning of CU products and services.
- Partner with our members to identify cross-sell opportunities by actively listening to the members needs. Once the need is identified, educate the member on the features and benefits of the service/product and ask for the business.
- Provide online, bill pay and mobile access assistance to include troubleshooting and walking the member through enrollment.
- Demonstrate urgency by completing member and potential member requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Handle escalated calls objectively with a high degree of problem solving and member retention skills.
- Provide exceptional service while managing multiple communication channels.
- Follow procedures for virtual account maintenance, including but not limited to all regulatory compliance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Good listening and telephone skills; able to operate a 10-key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard; able to make decisions with minimum information. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential. Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.