Sr Scala Software Engineer (Remote United States)
Due to growth, we are currently seeking several Sr Scala Software Engineer that is fluent in Scala, Play Framework, and web applications. The successful engineer will be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills.
At Railroad19, you are part of an All Remote U.S. company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are a distributed team of senior remote developers across the US.
This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Develop new applications and production application support
- Participate in detailed technical design, development, and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Develop an understanding of client business processes, objectives, and solution requirements.
- Participate in project workgroups with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand specific needs
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Scala development-based software solutions
- Extensive enterprise experience in web applications
- Enterprise experience with relational and nonrelational database
- Hands-on experience with Postgres, MySQL, or Redis technologies is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Play framework
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical disciplines; or equivalent work experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 - $190,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Will you now or in the future require assistance with sponsorship?
- Scala: 3 years (Required)
- Play Framework: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations