QBS is looking for writers and instructional reviewers to develop Math video scripts and interactivities at the K-12 level. Understanding of K-12 developmental levels is important, appropriate concept load, and K-12 teaching experience a plus. We’d like for one person in the instructional reviewer role to attend client meetings and represent the team as the K-12 Math expert/instructional reviewer. Will play an integral role in the development of the PreK-12 Math Program. The Writer will be responsible for collaborating with the team to revise curricular materials and related components.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work directly on an international digital-first Math program for Grades K to 12.
- Maintain a solid understanding of and expertise in current and future print and digital tools and solutions used in the school market
- Coordinate and manage editorial resources (including assessment writers and copyeditors) and time forecasting.
- Manage international clients with online meetings; keeping in mind, various time zones.
- Write and update guidelines. Provide training to the assessment writing team. Maintain quality and schedule.
- Understand client products, requirements, and specific needs for their market.
- Oversee the editorial development of lessons from concept up to the product. Write and update guidelines, implement editorial direction, and maintain quality and schedule.
- Coordinate and manage editorial resources (including freelance writers, copyeditors, proofreaders, and editorial quality checks) and time forecasting.
- Ensure that client’s quality standards are met and there is continuous improvement.
- Provide client communication and build relationships.
- Maintain project goals, schedules, and communication with clients.
- Work with other project stakeholders including project management, digital production, art and layout/design, photo research team, and account management/relationship manager.
- Perform the role of a Subject Matter Expert –
Required Experience and Qualifications:
He/she should have the following experience:
- Writing assessments for Grade K-12.
- STEM background preferred (strong in Math & Science).
- Should be comfortable working in assessments authoring platform.
- K-12 experience is MUST (Middle School and High School).
- Ph.D. in Math or Master's in Math
Job Types: Full-time, Contract