Ribbon’s IP Wave Line of Business is building a US based Regional Business Center of experienced visionaries to
chart our course in the advancement of networking solutions to better serve the most strategic Enterprise
customers in North America. This is a highly rewarding position reporting to the head of the RBC with the
opportunity to truly make a difference in the successful evolution of our company. We are looking for a networking
professional with advanced IP/MPLS expertise to collaborate with key customer and internal stakeholders on
solution direction and guide internal Product Line Management (PLM) and Sales organizations in its execution.
- Develop and advance our IP/MPLS business in target Enterprise segment (Transportation, Energy, Public Sector
and Retail ) in line with the regional strategic plan with the aim of “setting the table” to win. This includes working
with key customer stakeholders to gain an understanding of their business objective(s), collaborate with
networking leaders on transformative ideas, and drive solutions and designs that create winning customer value
- Work with sales to create winning commercial offers, including owning responses to RFIs/ RFPs, working with
PLM to validate required roadmap, building business case with profitability and cash flow, and helping sales
negotiate to closure.
- In line with regional business plan, own regional portfolio requirements as input to PLM for inclusion into overall
- As the subject matter expert, contribute to the development of the strategic business plan for the region, which
includes market segmentation, competitive analysis, strategic customer targets and solution guidance and
- Work with Marketing to orchestrate the marketing plan for target accounts
This position offers a unique opportunity to build business while contributing to the strategy, innovation, and
evolution of our IP & Optical solutions.
Experience and Skills:
- Appropriate degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer science with MBA or equivalent a plus
- A history of experience and success in a business development role in networking / telecommunications
- Strong understanding of IP/MPLS VPN technologies and solutions in Metro Networking applications,
o IPv4 and IPv6 protocols
o MPLS forwarding and associated protocols (LDP, RSVP-TE)
o IGP Protocols (OSPF and IS-IS)
o BGP including BGPv4 and MP-BGP
o Layer 2 VPNs (VPLS, VPWS, MEF CE 2.0, EVPN)
o Layer 3 VPNs (IP-VPN, MP-BGP-VPN) protocol
o IPv4 and IPv6 Multicast
o Segment Routing and SR-TE
- Excellent technical expertise in Telecommunications, IP Networking, Embedded Systems and Network
device management interfaces and models such as NETCONF/YANG, SNMP, REST API, and Transactional
- Knowledge of 4G/LTE and 5G mobile transport technologies and solutions
- Awareness of Domain Orchestration, SDN Controllers, NFV, and Private Cloud landscape
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies like DWDM & OTN to create IP/Optical Multi-layer strategies and
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills - oral and written.
- Team player
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.