Value Added Solutions (VAS) in support of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) works with the Office of International Nuclear Security (INS) to provide partner countries with the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes (i.e., competencies) as well as associated tools (i.e., capabilities) in order for the organization and/or state to demonstrate the capacity for performing relevant nuclear functions and responsibilities without external assistance. INS is investing in a customized Learning Management System (LMS) to enhance training and distance learning capabilities and help build and sustain relationships with domestic and international partners.
The ideal candidate will customize a Drupal 8/9-based LMS. This LMS shall provide a centralized platform for instructors and administrators to manage and organize educational materials, facilitate online learning, and track student progress. The platform shall be built on Drupal 8/9 and have the ability to communicate directly with other Drupalbased learning platforms, thus providing a single-use login for users. All sustainability training, workshops, and engagements, including follow-on evaluations and assessments, shall be managed through the LMS. The platform shall be customized to satisfy the INS branding requirements and training engagement guidance. Types of tasks to be conducted include:
- Discovery and requirements gathering
- Wireframe design
- Development of usable software components configured to meet PNNL requirements
- Testing: Verify and validate the software requirements through software testing
- Training: Development of multiple step-by-step task guides designed for LMS users
- Participation in weekly/bi-weekly check-ins to demonstrate progress and gather PNNL feedback
- Attendance and participation in planning/strategy meetings with PNNL
Deliverables will be defined under each specific authorizing Task Order and will include such items as:
- Source Code for assigned software components
- Documentation: test reports, training material, etc.
- Interim and final progress reports related to specific tasks
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 2 years of Drupal 8/9 development experience
- Demonstrated experience with Drupal coding conventions and security practices.
- Demonstrated experience with the use and configuration of Drupal modules including but not limited to Views, Search API, Paragraphs, Services
- Demonstrated experience with Site building and configuration in accordance with Drupal best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with Migration from multiple data sources including content management systems, databases and file-based data.
- Demonstrated experience with Drupal configuration management.
- Demonstrated experience with Configuration, development, and deployment in LAMP-based architecture.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
VAS Human Resources @ 803-644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.