In collaboration with key business leaders, you will develop and manage policies, standards, and procedures to drive effective and accountable ERM governance at all levels of the organization. You will review and challenge the existing governance process as well as lead efforts to ideate, develop, and implement enhancements. You will have the opportunity to lead group-wide ERM related initiatives, comprising cross-functional teams, to support achievement of the Company's objectives. You will develop communications for and occasionally make presentations on governance processes to internal and external audiences.
- Develop and maintain risk appetite statements that are meaningful to business
- Monitor for shifts in business or external expectations that would warrant changes to risk policies, standards, and procedures and proactively develop recommendations to address
- Serve as primary contact for business partners for clarification and interpretation of policies and procedures
- Identify and explore opportunities to reinforce a risk aware mindset throughout the organization
- Coordinate Group ORSA report submission, and ensure consistency in local ORSA reports in non-US jurisdictions
- Maintain Liberty's Reinsurance Security Standards and related processes
- Strong business writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management best practices and how to implement them
- Ability to convey difficult or complex information in an easy-to-understand manner
- Strong understanding of the risk characteristics of insurance products and the inherent risks borne by an insurance company preferred
- High level of professionalism, organization, and self-motivation
- Bachelor's degree - business, finance, management, or equivalent field.
- 6 to 8 years of professional experience. Policy development, audit, and/or risk management experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with ERM-related regulatory frameworks (Solvency II, NAIC ORSA, ComFrame) a plus