Cherry Bekaert has been providing trusted advice and services to our clients for over 70 years. We currently have a career opportunity for a Plan Consultant in our Qualified Plan Administration team, through which we provide unbundled services including plan documentation, compliance and reporting for our client’s defined contribution and defined benefit plans. Remote work consideration can be given to the right candidate; however, if you enjoy the camaraderie of working in a team, this role can sit in either our Virginia Beach, VA or Rockville, MD office. We offer in-depth training and ongoing career development and support.
What your days look like:
- Processing new plans and maintaining and updating data in existing plans
- Responding to transactional requests from plan sponsors and plan members, including adding and removing employees, determining eligibility, processing disbursements and loan requests, and calculating vesting and matching contributions
- Acting as the day-to-day contact between the plan sponsor and the investment manager
- Assisting clients with plan design and setup, as well as ongoing plan operational support, including: documentation; meeting all IRS and Department of Labor deadlines necessary for qualified retirement plan; and responding to client requests for information
- Providing advisory guidance in plan design, plan remediation (VCP, SCP, DFVC, etc.), and troubleshooting
- Meet with prospective clients to identify opportunities for business growth
- Preparing and loading plan data necessary to complete compliance testing
- Responsible for all aspects of valuation reports, participant statements and annual testing
- Performing the annual testing for plans, including ADP/ACP, Top Heavy, 410(b), 415, 401(a)(4), deductibility, and 402(g)
- Reviewing distribution and loan paperwork, coordinating processing with asset holder
- Preparing Form 5500 and/or Form 8955-SSA and coordinating with plan sponsor to help ensure timely filing
- Assisting auditors if a plan is subject to an audit
- Coordinating with all applicable parties, both internal and external, to ensure accurate conversion process for new clients
- Maintaining knowledge of present legislation and recently proposed changes with regard to ERISA law
What you need for this job:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a business discipline) or equivalent work experience
- 6-8 years’ ERISA experience in the retirement industry
- ASPPA credentials strongly preferred
- Experience in analysis of financial data required
- Experience in Relius software (Plan Documents and Administration) and FT Williams (Form 5500 and Form 8955-SSA)
- Experience with GFR strongly preferred; or other file management system
- Demonstrated experience communicating with clients as the key point of contact
- Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and capability to perform work independently or as the member of a team
Candidates must demonstrate they are eligible to work in the United States.
- Available for Work Sponsorship: No
What you can expect from us:
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Career development opportunities
- Employee Wellness plans
- Collaborative environment focused on career and leadership development
- Casual “Dress for your Day” policy
Our Benefits Cherry Bekaert cares about its people. We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
No agency candidates, please.
- Bachelors or better in Accounting Systems or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)