Memnon is a worldwide leading provider of services to digitize, migrate, preserve, monetize and provide access to audiovisual (Audio, Video, Film and Images) recordings of any format and data formats. We work for the biggest names in media, broadcast, cultural institutions, national libraries, universities, businesses, governments and international organizations
The mission of the Devops Technician within Memnon is to strengthen the existing team of developers by providing development and systems support to final users in our Bloomington production site. This includes setting up, adapting and improving solutions, debugging and problem solving to ensure production remains fully efficient and delivering high quality digitization. This will also include contributions in technical watch, R&D, and new product specifications and development.
The Memnon IT and R&D team develops its own solutions for digitization, ingesting, transcoding, and workflow management. In the production environments, we use in-house developed solutions combined with integrations of 3rd party software products and interfacing with a large variety of hardware equipment. Our solutions are deployed in both Memnon Digitization facilities in the Europe, US, and Dubai, and externally at many clients’ premises all over the world.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Manage and monitor file movement and storage capacities
· Receive tasks and support needs via JIRA ticketing system
· Sort tasks and issues by priorities
· Investigate analytically and understand causes of failures, ensure all required information for problem solving are collected
· Document follow-up and implemented solutions
· Maintain main applications written in Python.
· Adapt an SQL data base structure in accordance with requests of production team
· Participate in IT development by being full part of the IT team and assisting it
· Analyze and report issues and solutions in application of a continuous improvement process
- Work with Microsoft & Linux development environments and technologies
- Take part in various projects and learn the latest technologies
· You’ll report to the Systems Manager
· You’ll work closely with other Production Managers and our Development team in Brussels.
· You’ll work for internal clients who are production teams located in Brussels or Bloomington and in all on-site locations.
· Bloomington, IN, USA
Education and Experience
- At least Bachelor in IT or 3+ years of equivalent experience.
- Preferred: interest for/knowledge of audio/video/film technologies
- You can develop and maintain with Python, SQL Server, and MongoDB.
· Microsoft & Linux development environments and technologies
· Some experience in Web technologies
· Front-end: HTML5, CSS, Python Frameworks
· Back-end: Python, Node.js, Restful API
- Able to collaborate by using an Agile methodology
Profile - Soft skills
- Multitasking and good organizational skills
- Results oriented
- Able to work in teams
- You like to take part in various projects and learn the latest technologies
· Your self-learning ability allows you to find solutions autonomously
· Eager to learn fast, and to adapt to fast moving organization
· Fluent in English. French a plus
· Be part of a highly dynamic and energizing team
· Training and opportunity for professional development
· Unique and international experience within the Memnon team.
Date of hiring
· 09/2021 – 10/2021
· Cover letter + resume
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Individuals must wear a mask inside buildings. This requirement applies to all members of the university community, including employees, students, contractors, suppliers, vendors, and visitors.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bloomington, IN 47408: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- REST: 1 year (Preferred)
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location