Women’s lifestyle site The List is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team.
Ideal candidates have at least 3 years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on women’s lifestyle content similar to The List. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter, U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply. Although The List does cover a wide variety of topics including entertainment, royals, and politics, this position will focus completely on the women’s lifestyle topics of beauty, style, health, love, living, and food.
About The List
The List is a women’s lifestyle site, with a twist. We pride ourselves on being original, well-researched, and without sugar-coating, but no topic is beneath us. We tackle everything from reality TV (we’re a bit obsessed!), to finding love, to living a healthy and happy life. Every article you read is advice from an expert or meticulously sourced, so you know you’re getting info you can trust, from women who get it.
News Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim news and evergreen article topics from a large selection of assignments with a focus on women’s lifestyle.
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site’s areas of coverage
- Research and write 300 to 900 word articles in custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contributing to and following the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: $21 per hour
Minimum three years editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples similar to the women’s lifestyle content we share on https://www.thelist.com/
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $21.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
Work Location: Remote