Based in San Francisco, Arine is a rapidly growing healthcare technology and clinical services company with a mission to ensure that individuals receive the safest and most effective treatments for their unique and evolving healthcare needs. Non-optimized medication therapy results in more than $520 billion of waste, avoidable harm and hospitalizations each year. Arine solves these issues through our software platform, combining data science and clinical expertise to develop personalized care plans for patients and their care teams. Arine works with leading healthcare organizations to provide and facilitate clinical interventions that result in significant health improvement for patients.
Based in San Francisco, Arine Inc. (https://www.arine.io) is a growing healthcare technology company with a mission to ensure that patients are on the safest and most effective medication regimens.
Medications frequently cause more harm than good, with incorrect drugs and doses costing the US healthcare system over $520 billion each year. The company solves these issues through our "Virtual Pharmacist" software platform, which combines data science and clinical expertise to develop personalized care plans for patients and their care teams.
We are improving the health of complex patients facing numerous challenges, including multiple chronic diseases and access to care issues. Arine works with leading healthcare organizations to provide and facilitate clinical interventions that have resulted in significant health improvement for patients and cost savings for customers.
Come join one of the most exciting new digital healthcare companies in Silicon Valley! Arine is VC-backed and mission driven to improve the lives of patients.
We are looking for a motivated Lifestyle Coach/Patient Care Coordinator (also known at Arine as Clinical Support Specialist) to join our Clinical Operations team. The Lifestyle Coach/Patient Care Coordinator will use Arine's software platform to help optimize patient outcomes for our clients and have a direct impact on patient care and the delivery of our clinical services.
The Lifestyle Coach/Patient Care Coordinator will receive assignments and responsibilities under the supervision of the Team Lead(s) and VP of Clinical Operations to carry out direct patient care and support responsibilities. The main responsibilities include assessing clients' health, medication adherence, coaching clients on how to improve their health, and developing health plans specific to the needs of the individual. You will walk patients through the practical aspects of implementing the recommendations that are necessary for optimizing health and wellness.
Other responsibilities include: obtaining and recording patient and provider information, scheduling appointments, assisting clinical pharmacists with resolving patient-related follow-up issues, performing patient engagement activities, assisting with maintaining standard operating procedures, answering phone lines, answering inbound customer support requests, and other duties as assigned.
This person will work in close collaboration with Arine's clinical support team members, clinical pharmacists, engineers, and business managers to optimize operational processes as well as to advise on product development as a proxy for Arine's patients and outside providers.
All clinical support team members promote a cooperative working relationship with clients and other team members by communicating effectively, being respectful and accepting feedback professionally. Additionally, all members act to meet patient needs and learn new skills to achieve quality customer service and patient care.
Come join one of the most exciting new digital healthcare companies in Silicon Valley! Arine is VC-backed by leading healthcare investors and mission-driven to improve the lives of patients.
What you'll be doing:
Perform all functions assigned to Arine's clinical support team, which include:
- Conducting initial consultations and evaluations of individuals
- Provide guidelines to reduce or eliminate unhealthy behaviors
- Develop healthcare plans tailored to each client's needs
- Assess needs of participating patients and developing personal plans in mental health, physical health, nutrition, exercise, and disease management, and benefits navigation aimed at improving their overall well-being and managing and/or preventing type 2 diabetes and/or hypertension
- Work with other healthcare providers
- Provide necessary coaching to reduce or eliminate behaviors that are considered high-risk and do not support wellness objectives
- Support the operational aspects of the employer to promote client satisfaction
- Coordinate with clients' other healthcare providers to provide a well-rounded, integrative experience
- Engaging patients and enrolling them in Arine's service by explaining the clinical programs and benefits over the phone
- Obtaining provider contact information to help facilitate the delivery of clinical interventions
- Obtaining patient information required to facilitate clinical interventions, as well as supporting patients and providing sound guidance
- Answering phone calls from patients, providers, and pharmacies, using good judgment in responding to questions by patients, providers, and other professional personnel
- Accurate record keeping in Arine's software platform
- Participation in process improvement meetings to help achieve efficient workflows
- Following up with hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and patients to resolve clinical issues and concerns
- Preparation and mailing of patient educational materials and other items as needed
- Scheduling patients for telephonic or videoconference appointments with clinical pharmacists
- Assisting with obtaining referrals and authorizations
Our ideal candidate:
- CDC Lifestyle Coaching Certification and/or other certification/training as a Lifestyle or Health Coach required
- Bachelors in Health Sciences or related field or health care background with certification (ex. pharmacy technician, medical assistant, lifestyle coaching certificate)
- Complies with CDC guidelines for the National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Displays a robust knowledge of diet/nutrition, exercise, medication adherence, stress management, and problem solving
- Ability to organize and effectively set priorities while working in a fast paced environment
- See change and growth as normal in the fast-changing world of medicine, and are always learning
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and medication names, both brand and generic
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- A team player who can also work independently
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to satisfactorily perform job duties
- Willingness to be taught/learn new skills
- Strong computer skills, including basic keyboard skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Spreadsheets, Google Documents
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, with no restrictions for keyboarding
- Available to work Arine's hours of operations, including occasional weekends
Nice to haves:
- Experience with other electronic medical records
- Experience in an ambulatory care setting with taking medication histories
- Experience working in a busy healthcare setting
- Bilingual (Spanish and/or Cantonese) is ideal
- Dynamic role and opportunity to help shape the company from the ground up, including potential equity opportunities
- Unparalleled growth and learning opportunities including working closely with an experienced team of clinicians, engineers, software architects, and digital health entrepreneurs
Job Type: Full-time (preferred)/ part-time (30+ hours per week minimum)
Job Location: The Lifestyle Coach/Patient Care Coordinator will be a remote position within the United States.
Arine is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Check our website at https://www.arine.io. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing start-up revolutionizing the healthcare industry!