Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location / Division
San Jose/Sunnyvale, CA or Austin, TX | Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for an ambitious, talented, and self-motivated individual, who will serve as a technical leader and help us to define and build out our next generation platform. In this role, you will be responsible for defining the architecture, delivering the platform and application strategy, and capabilities that supports the organization’s business strategy.
The role requires working collaboratively across the Technology, Product and Commercial organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals. In this role, you will build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders.
What will you do?
- As part of Luna Platform UI team - you will be building, evolving and innovating platform web page and develop/ maintain platform UI/UX reusable web component library.
- Manage and lead a team of UI developers and collaborate closely with peers, Architects, Product Managers, Quality Engineers, and Dev Ops teams to develop innovative solutions that meet functional and non-functional standards and expectations.
- Developing, delivering, unit testing, and maintaining web-based, front-end applications and reusable Web Components, primarily using VueJs and StencilJs.
- Participate in technical design and code reviews and provide feedback to other engineers on the team.
- Mentoring junior engineers in team and provide design guidance and unblock from issues.
- Collaborating with Product Management and User Experience teams on ideation, prototyping, and planning.
- Estimate engineering efforts, participate in roadmap planning and be responsible for operational processes.
How will you get here?
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Life Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience in front-end development and team leadership
- Experience with Reactive Async programming using Promises, RxJs, WebSockets and state management using Redux
- Experienced in writing JS unit test cases/ E2E test cases using frameworks like Jest/ Jasmine/ Puppeteer or Enzyme
- Experience with popular data visualization libraries such as d3.js using SVG or native HTML elements
- Good experience working with backend team for REST API design
- Experience in using source control systems such as Git, tracking systems like Azure DevOps, JIRA
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Solid communication skills and good team player
- Knowledge of micro-service-based architecture and K8s deployment model is a plus
- Knowledge of Web components, Custom Elements, Shadow DOM and DOM Events
- You are passionate about web technology, reusability, componentization, and building for scale
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent knowledge in practicing architectural and design patterns, open source platforms, frameworks, technologies and software engineering methodologies, RESTful Web Services
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.