Are you passionate about closing the opportunity divide for young women?
Are you looking for a career in the nonprofit sector that supports equity while directly impacting the lives of young Latinas and Women of Color?
If yes, then chica project is the place for you!
About Chica Project
Chica Project (CP) is a nonprofit organization comprised of diverse leaders, professionals, and volunteers. Through a network of accomplished multicultural women, chica project empowers girls and young women to recognize their strengths and build the self-efficacy needed to embark on pathways to economic success. To learn more about our organization, visit chicaproject.org (http://chicaproject.org)
About the Role
Chica Project is looking for a Data and Development Intern to support the enhancement of its grants management process and program evaluation initiatives. The successful candidate will make substantial contributions to the organization's evaluation efforts as they relate to programming, development, and overall data collection, assessment and reporting. Reporting to the Grants and Impact Analyst, this individual will work closely with the Data and Development team to ensure that the organization's developmental and evaluation goals are met. This internship opportunity is for the 2022-2023 academic year, starting on August 22nd, 2022 and ending late June of 2023 and requires a commitment of 8-10 weekly hours. This is a paid opportunity.
Chica Project is looking for someone who is mission-driven, with a positive attitude to play a critical role in the program evaluation creation and management, grants data analysis and internal and external reporting. This is a valuable opportunity for a person to gain experience in the nonprofit sector, develop data and development analysis and reporting skills, and join a powerful network of women in Massachusetts, and beyond. Further qualifications include:
- Passionate about youth development, social justice, and community building
- Experience in values-based screening and assessment
- Experience working with communities of color and grassroots organizations, with understanding of systemic oppressions
- Interest in, data exploration and racial equity based evaluation
- Flexibility to work independently and in teams as needed
- Willingness to learn software management
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- A great sense of humor!
- Love of continuous learning
The position will be mainly responsible for the following areas, but duties can expand beyond central responsibilities of:
- Collaborate with data and development team to enhance the grant management process
- Support the management of grant database (using asana and Salesforce) for grants at any step of the process (screening, application, active, and reporting)
- Contribute to timeline and training for chica project's team transition to Salesforce
- Support the creation of evaluation methods (metric tools and survey creation)
- College Credit (if applicable)
- Annual $1,000 stipend
- Professional development support
- Annual end of the year gratitude bonus
- Flexible work from home schedule
Unlimited menstrual leave for people with uteruses
- Access to subscriptions including but not limited to: the Boston Globe, the New York Times, Women in Development, Philanthropy MA, and more
We strongly believe that diverse experience, perspectives, and background lead to a better environment for our team and community. We are proud to foster a workplace that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.