The Remote Technical Customer Care Representative is dedicated exclusively to the Owlet Care customer care program and provides customer and technical support for the award-winning company focused on infant wellbeing. Owlet’s innovative products include HD live-streaming monitors and the Smart Sock that tracks heart rate, oxygen levels, and sleep trends, alerting parents and caregivers via a connected base. Intelligent apps provide real-time notifications and historical data with insights into sleep behavior and infant wellbeing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist customers via all channels (phone, chat, email, SMS) using empathy to engage and build rapport—communicating from the heart, as well as the head.
- Take ownership of customer issues—from simple to complex—following through to solve while exercising patience and positive energy.
- Provide technical support using passion and knowledge of the brand and products, ensuring an authentic and personal experience.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues including Wi-Fi connectivity, device installation, app setup, and configuration on iOS and Android platforms.
- Provide general customer service resolution and answer questions about products, policies, promotions, order placement, order tracking, warranty returns, and product advice.
- Create positive customer touchpoints using a friendly, respectful, professional, and empathetic tone.
- Accurately follow and comply with all Health and Safety Policies
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information
- Apply high-quality customer service guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Escalate critical support issues following appropriate procedures
- Embrace the commitment to customer service and nourish brand loyalty
- Meet or exceed program metrics
Dynamic Communicators –With the voice of our client, team members provide responsive, accurate, and authentic interactions. While resolving technical issues, they simplify the complex, breaking down to make understandable to those less tech savvy—and maybe even sleep deprived.
Empathetic – Team Members know how a message is conveyed is equally important as what is said. By putting themselves in a new parent’s shoes, they focus on the customer’s experience and connect, human-to-human.
Knowledgeable –Our team is constantly working on improving skills. When new products are released and apps are updated, they enthusiastically learn how to support new features, functions, and integrations to confidently resolve customer issues. No matter what the issue, no matter how complex, team members are problem solvers who welcome and lean into challenges.
WHO WE ARE
At VIPdesk, we believe brand loyalty is built with every customer interaction. Each experience is an opportunity to reinforce a customer’s love for a brand. And no matter how leading edge our technology is, it will never replace the power of the one-to-one connection. It’s why we’ve built a culture that cares. It’s why our team knows how to connect with customers, human to human.
At VIPdesk, we believe in creating a supportive workplace where we listen to one another, where all feel comfortable sharing ideas, where we work together to achieve our goals and share in the celebration of our successes. We believe that positive energy leads to team member innovation, creativity, and above all, happiness.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- HS Degree or equivalent required. Associate degree or some college preferred
- 2+ years customer service experience required, experience in a virtual contact center a plus
- 6+ months experience with problem-solving and complex troubleshooting in technical support or online Help Desk role
- Experience with troubleshooting apps on both iOS and Android platforms preferred
- Committed to providing excellent customer service and an elevated customer experience
- Ability to collaborate with team members, contribute ideas, opinions, and skills toward the achievement of common goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Polite, friendly, warm, and courteous phone demeanor
- Flexible, adaptable, and willing to take on new challenges
- Microsoft Office proficiency required
- Able to type at least 35 words per minute with minimal errors
- Technically savvy with the ability to pick up new technology, processes, and procedures quickly
- Strong comfort level and familiarity with desktop platforms and mobile devices
- Experience working with Bright Pattern or Zendesk (or a comparable customer service ticketing system) preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, adapting easily to changing priorities
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and accuracy, ability to multitask, strong sense of urgency, and commitment to excellence
- Self-starter with strong initiative and able to work independently
- Strong sense of urgency, demonstrates ownership, high energy, and team player
- Due to the home-based nature of this job, the team member is required to have a secure home-office environment, internet access, USB headset, router, modem, and a computer system that meets VIPdesk Connect policies and maintenance requirements, including system upgrades as applicable, which may change over time
- Able to successfully pass a credit, criminal, and employment reference security checks where permissible by state and local regulations
- Currently reside in AZ, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, NC, NJ, NM, NV, OH, TN, TX, UT, VA, or WI
VIPdesk Connect is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer support: 2 years (Required)
- Technical support: 1 year (Required)
- Fully Remote