BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE – Associate Level (Remote)
GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
SUMMARY: GP Strategies is looking for a New-Business Development Representative (Leadership Development, Employee Engagement, Coaching) at the Associate Level to join our team. We are looking for someone who is excited to prospect and cultivate new business relationships. The ideal candidate will have passion for corporate learning and development, is great a connecting with people and is motivated to sell.
Primary responsibilities will be to:
- Develop new business in North America
- Lead sales and marketing initiatives with prospects
- Engage in conversations with prospects about their leadership development needs and potential solutions
The ideal candidate might be:
- An eager to learn, natural salesperson, who is customer focused, potentially from the learning industry or a similar service/industry
- An entrepreneurial person engaged and motivated by being part of a business that makes a significant difference to its clients
- 1-2 years previous business development experience including prospecting and consultative approach to engaging with clients
- The position will involve working remotely, plus occasional travel. Projects often require work during non-office hours.
- Ability to develop strong and trusting relationships at all levels in an organization
- Ability to think strategically in viewing sales issues and opportunities
- Outstanding listening and questioning skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Outstanding oral communication skills and an ability to write impactful communications
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.