Static Media's food and dining site Tasting Table is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our news team.
Ideal candidates have at least 3 years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on food, cooking, and dining content similar to Tasting Table. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. The position is work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter.
About Tasting Table
We've been busy cooking up something special for all the diehard foodies out there and the wait is finally over - Tasting Table is back! Tasting Table is a one-stop shop for all food and drink enthusiasts. We bring you practical cooking tips and dining advice, must-try recipes you can trust, and all the top news from the food world. Whether you're looking for the latest viral trends or the tried-and-true methods of your favorite chefs, there's a place for you at Tasting Table — no reservations required.
News Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim news and evergreen article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site's areas of coverage
- Research and write 300- to 800-word articles in custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Extra consideration will be given to applicants able to work night and weekend news shifts.
- Compensation: $21 per hour
Minimum three years editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content we share on www.TastingTable.com
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $21.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
Work Location: Remote