Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen is a global, Fortune 500 technology company focused on the emerging technologies of the 4th Industrial Revolution. We’re looking for an energetic and seasoned Senior Designer to join our nimble, data-driven, and fully distributed internal creative team. Responsibilities will include concepting and developing graphic design for a variety of deliverables including digital advertising, web and email.
The Main Responsibilities
- Design for our digital properties and major marketing initiatives including homepages, landing pages, digital advertising
- Develop concepts for digital advertising and social media campaigns; come up with creative solutions that work within the brand style guide
- Research and recommend creative solutions for innovating, improving and optimizing creative in market and on the website
- Collaborate with a cross-functional, distributed teams that includes UX designers, Art Directors, copywriters, developers, project and campaign managers
- Help translate campaign requirements, user needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience designing for web, email and mobile
- Experience at an agency or in-house at a major brand a plus
- Illustration, animation and/or video experience a plus
- Have a strong understanding of design principles (typography, form, color, composition, grid).
- Have advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Can translate Adobe XD wireframes into next-level visual campaign pages
- Navigate web design/HTML applications
- Can design multiple elements that align with the current corporate brand identity
- Can follow direction, multi-task, work on several priorities while meeting deadlines
- Have extreme attention to detail and consistency
- Can clearly articulate ideas and show creative process
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you:
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Have a "get it done" attitude and radiates team spirit
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working autonomously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- You don't wait for others to tell you what to do—you figure things out on your own. You ask questions. You get clarity. You do what's best for the customer.
***Application must include a url to examples. Applications without samples will not be considered.***
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 245393
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.