Georgia Cyber Academy is hiring for the second half of the '21-22 SY! Are you a passionate AND tech savvy educator? Come join GCA, a virtual charter school with leading test scores!
Interested candidates, please apply on our job board:
(copy and paste the below link into your browser)
Summary: The Speech-Language Pathologist assesses, diagnoses, treats, and helps to prevent communication and swallowing disorder in children experiencing communication problems that affect classroom activities, social interaction, literacy, and learning.
Essential Functions: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Screens, evaluates, and provides speech-language therapy for students with identified speech-language impairments as needed.
- Documents student performance
- Provides support to student support team (SST)/response to intervention (RTI) processes
- Provides case management of speech-only caseload as needed
- Monitors compliance of student files with speech eligibilities and services
- Instructs students/families in the use of appropriate communication technologies (specifically alternative augmentative communication devices) for the purpose of minimizing the adverse educational impact of communication disorders and improving student success in the classroom
- Maintains files and/or records, e.g. progress reports, activity logs, treatment plans, reports, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability of information as required for reference and/or compliance
- Participates in meetings, workshops, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information
- Drafts special education documents to includes goals, services, progress reports, initial IEP’s and/or Eligibility reports
- Reviews Speech evaluations and notes from contracted clinicians to serve as a resource for Speech service eligibility meetings, Individualized Education Program meetings, Student Support Team meetings, and Response to Intervention meetings in which Speech Language referrals are being discussed
- Performs speech/language evaluations as needed or requested
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leaders to meet goals, welcomes new-comers, and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Professionalism: Be professional at all times in communications, appearance, work product, and in representing Georgia Cyber Academy in a positive manner.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology AND
- Three (3) years’ Speech/Language work experience AND
- Three (3) years of successful teaching and/or special education experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses:
- GA PSC Speech Language Certificate
- desired GA PSC Special Education or Teaching certification
- desired TKES/LKES credentialed
- Clear Fingerprint/Background Check Required
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Highly knowledgeable about Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) due process requirements
- Thorough knowledge and skill in conducting/interpreting comprehensive speech-language evaluations
- Thorough knowledge and skill in providing speech-language therapy services
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members to plan and deliver speech-language services
- Ability to create and deliver staff development
- Proficiency using computer-based software and online resources to develop training materials
- Ability to communicate well with school personnel, parents, students, and cabinet office staff while complying with the confidentiality requirements in local, state, and federal policies
- Ability to display a professional attitude in working with school personnel with parents
- Must be able to manage large volumes of paperwork and maintain adequate records
- Proficient knowledge of computers, online curriculums/tools, and various operating systems.
- Experience using search engines (internet) for research projects
- Desire to research and learn new technology skills and platforms
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact positively with teachers, administrators, and support staff
- Possess knowledge of the school improvement process
- Must be an advocate for virtual learning and believe in the mission of Georgia Cyber Academy
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, and other pertinent laws regarding K-12 Education as they relate to applicable duties
- Ability to read and interpret student academic data and educational reports
- Familiarity with online learning environment
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Project, Visio, OneNote, and G-Suite.
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms
- Ability to manage competing priorities with attention to deadlines
- Strong critical thinking, planning, and writing skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate and communicate effectively within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects within established deadlines
- Dependable, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Excellent organization skills, including ability to incorporate methods and build systems that can be used across the district
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to ensure excellent student outcomes
- Ability to problem solve independently and have a high level of organization
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Maintain a professional home office without distraction during 8-5 workday when working from home
- Consistent access to reliable high-speed internet
- Valid driver’s license and availability of private transportation
- Ability to travel 50% of the time as required
- Advanced Degree in Special Education, Teaching, or related field of study
- Proficient/Advanced data analysis skills
- Three (3) years of experience working with families in a similar capacity
- Google Certifications
- Proficient/Advanced G Suite for Education skills
- Proficient/Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Excel, Access, SQL
- Experience using current GCA curriculum platforms such as iReady, Classworks, MindPlay, Learning AZ, Writable, NEWSELA, WordlyWise, Spelling Classroom, Moby Max, Edmentum Exact Path, Red Bird, and/or Nucleus.
- Proficient/Advanced experience with Infinite Campus (SIS)
- Proficient/Advanced experience with Canvas (LMS)
- Working knowledge of Jigsaw Interactive (live classroom tool)
- Proficient/Advanced in use of Zoom conferencing tool
- Three (3) years virtual educational environment experience
- Previous experience as a Learning Coach, Advisor, or Teacher at Georgia Cyber Academy
- Previous experience as an online educator or service provider
- Previous experience with online educational tools/curriculum/assessments
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is primarily a Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, 5 days/week, home-based position that may require traveling up to 50% of the time.
- During critical periods, in-office days may be required. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
- In-person attendance at professional development, training, conferences, job fairs, meetings, school events, marketing events, and testing sites will be required several times per year.
- Light lifting required.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you willing to attend occasional mandatory in-person events during the school year?
- Please provide your certificate number, including the state and ID number.
- Are you able to start on January 3, 2022?
- Master's (Preferred)
- GA PSC Speech Certification (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations