Primary Location: 1550 W Deer Valley Rd, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 215012
CUSTOMER RETENTION REP – INTERIM WORK FROM HOME - Phoenix
Without a cape or golden lasso like other superheroes we know, in this role, you’re saving Cox Communications customers and helping them find true connection when they’re feeling a bit…disconnected.
Interested in a challenging, rewarding opportunity that allows you to put your own particular brand of persuasive superpowers to work for the common communications good? Cox Communications, part of the Cox family of businesses, may be the place for you and we’re hiring a Customer Retention Representative – Interim Work From Home.
The Customer Retention Representative – Interim Work From Home is role is a highly consultative retention sales opportunity, operating in a call center environment that is temporarily work from home. Call center hours of operation are 5am – 8pm, Mon – Fri and 6am – 6pm, Sat and Sun; shift schedule will be determined at time of hire and subject to change.
As part of a customer loyalty driven team, highly motivated individuals could receive a targeted annual amount of $53,430. This reflects the fulltime hourly base rate of at least $15.88 and target commission is $1,700 a month. There is potential to earn up to and beyond $70,000 annually as a high performer. Employees also receive a ramp period of 2 months to adjust to commission earnings and an annual continued performance bonus of up to $1000.
You must live within the area of Phoenix, AZ where Cox Communications services are available and be willing to commute when appropriate to the office due to technical or performance needs. To qualify, you must also have a high-speed internet connection available in your home.
NOTE: There could be a live video interview required during our recruitment process.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll take calls from customers who are considering downgrading or disconnecting, listening to their concerns and steering them toward solutions so that we can turn the corner on their experience with us
- Along the way, you’ll also enlighten them on such details as features, offerings, billing, charges, and product value
- You’ll upsell, cross-sell, and hang on to customers like a retention rock star
- You’ll negotiate pricing and bundle new opportunities (while following company guidelines, of course)
- You’ll dive into our customer record database to masterfully manage transactions
What’s In It For You?
How do we retain our Retention Reps? Well, when it comes to our employees, we understand that keeping you on board begins with keeping you happy. Here are just a few ways we do our best to keep you here:
- First, there’s Cox’s highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance (cool, right?) and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you”. At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities within the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Who You Are
You’re a persistent, resilient person who always looks for solutions, even when others are saying “it just won’t work.” You’re also driven and convincing – a person who could rack up clients for a “How to Get Rich” seminar at a billionaire birthday bash. Once you have a lay of the land, you don’t need a lot of guidance to get the job done, and you can often make progress on more than one ‘job’ at a time. Computers chops? Communication skills? Please…those are your jams. For you, changes aren’t a challenge, just a well-placed curveball you can hit out of the park.
You may have a bit of telecom experience in your rearview, or a bit of mileage in sales, retail or training.
- High school diploma, GED, or relevant work experience
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with teams
- Excellent ability to persuade others through indirect influence
- Ability to seek out opportunities and take initiative with little or no direction
- Demonstrated capacity to thrive in a high-change, often ambiguous business environment
- Ability to establish customer relationships in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- 1+ years in a sales quota or retention environment
- 2+ years’ experience in related field (i.e. Retail, Training, Indirect Sales, etc.)
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.