- Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences, Kinesiology or related discipline highly desired; or AA plus two years related health and wellness experience and/or training.
- Has or willing to obtain Certified Health COACH (CHC) Certification or Lifestyle Coach Certification (LCC) or Health and Wellness Coach (HWC).
- Acceptable: HWC (Emory University), or Health Coach from (IIN), or other Nationally Certified Health Coach Training
- Advanced certification from the National Society of Health Coaches (NSHC)
- Has, or is willing to obtain a Diabetes prevention focus from ADCES if needed
- Not-acceptable credentialing source: American Council on Exercise (ACE)
Bilingual English/Spanish, or Bilingual English/Mandarin, or Bilingual English/Vietnamese is a plus
On Site Position.
- Health coaching can potentially address several of the barriers to evidence based care including: limited access to care, poor coordination of care, distrust of and lack of engagement with the health care system, missed appointments, inadequate adherence to treatment, and poor patient-provider communication.
- The ihealth Certified Health Coach will work closely with a Dietitian and clinical assistant in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment to provide patients with value-based care regarding Hypertension, Hypotension, Diabetes, Pre-Diabetes, and Obesity. The Certified Health Coach position will be part of a wider-scope endeavor to test the feasibility and potential impacts of a health coach-facilitated and coordinated care plan.
- The individual will receive extensive training at the beginning of employment to gain the knowledge and skills needed to work with patients in an individualized manner. The Health Coach will review patient records, gather relevant patient data, meet with referred and enrolled patients, and provide basic health education regarding diet and vitals to support implementation of the recommendations accepted by the primary care clinician. The Health coach will consult with the Dietitian, Clinical Assistant, and contracted Primary Care Provider regularly, and and act as a representative of the care team when following up with patients.
iHealth Job Duties:
The health Coach will first review patient records, gather relevant patient data such as blood pressure, glucose, and/or weight vitals patterns and trends and food diary information, facilitate completion of and review routine health screening questions, and offer virtual coaching to help patients set up, adjust, and accomplish their medical and lifestyle goals. The Health Coach will then provide patients with basic health guidance and education regarding HTN, DM, pre-DM, and Obesity, per iHealth’s Value-Based Care Standards which is aligned with AHA and ADA recommendations. When clinically necessary, the Health Coach will consult with the Dietitian, Clinical Assistant, and contracted Primary Care Provider, and follow up with patients to support implementation of the specialist recommendations also accepted by the primary care clinician.
The Health Coach will be required to escalate cases where a patient may need individualized Medical Nutrition Interventions to a staff Registered Dietitian. The Health Coach will also assist the Clinical Assistant, whenever necessary, in onboarding patients, providing patient-support, engaging with patients to improve monitoring frequency and engagement with the team, as well as assisting with data entry and scheduling, when needed.
The Health Coach will act as a representative of the team when interacting with clinicians, staff, and patients of participating health centers; personnel of community-based organizations, as well as with study participants. The Health Coach will interact with stakeholders and partners from many backgrounds in a professional and congenial manner and will have awareness and sensitivity towards diverse cultures and populations. The Health Coach must work well as a team player to manage responsibilities across different investigators and co-workers. The individual will be able to be organized to meet project deadlines.
- You are a health coach and have the subsequent knowledge, skills, and abilities to help people improve their diet and lifestyle
- You enjoy working flexible hours and interested in limitless growth opportunity
- You are organized, tech-savvy, and highly motivated
- You are comfortable working from home with a flexible schedule, including rotating some evenings and weekends
- You are independent and self directed
- You have experience with and enjoy working with a culturally diverse patient and staff population.