Master of Health Administration-Online Limited Term Lecturer / Course Development Subject Matter Expert
Institution: Purdue University
Category: Faculty – Health – Public Health
The online Master of Health Administration (MHA) program at Purdue University, West Lafayette, is seeking both limited term lecturers and subject matter course development experts for the launch of its online Master of Health Administration (MHA) program (https://www.purdue.edu/hhs/public-health/graduate/graduate-degrees/mha-online/overview.php).
Limited-Term Lecturers and Couse Development subject matter experts are temporary appointments. They are appointed on a course-by-course (8-week terms throughout the calendar year) basis. Benefits do not apply. Applicants are requested to indicate their interest in serving as a course development subject matter expert and/or a Limited Term Lecturer. A separate appointment is required for each course taught or developed.
The MHA program offers an engaging academic environment for its students and instructors. Information about the current Public Health Department is available at: https://www.purdue.edu/hhs/public-health/
Application materials must include:
- Cover Letter expressing area of interest/subject matter expertise
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references capable of speaking to your content expertise and ability to teach.
All applicants must hold a doctoral degree in Public Health, Healthcare Management, or a closely related field, and be committed to excellence in graduate education.
- At least three years professional experience in Public Health, Healthcare Management, or closely related area
- College teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level, online experience preferred.
Preferred Qualifications in the Public Health Field:
Academic and professional experience that should include some or all of the following:
- Critical evaluation of healthcare in the United States and the business of healthcare, as well as landmark legislation value creation, organization consolidation, and innovation in healthcare.
- Experience with strategic planning and marketing including successful strategic positioning, business development, and marketing in the management of healthcare services.
- Understanding of data and data driven decision making including key performance measures of operations, quality improvement methodology and applications, and health information technology systems.
- Experience with financial management and healthcare accounting and reimbursement including financial planning, capital budging and risk analysis, accounting, budgeting and financial reporting techniques.
- Understanding of economics, policy, and law in the execution of healthcare services across the country in multiple settings including rural based, county-owned, Veterans Administration/Department of Defense, and Safety-Net Health Providers
Applicants also ideally have:
- Experience teaching online courses
- Familiarity with learning management systems (experience with Desire2Learn/BrightSpace highly desirable)
- Flexibility in scheduling (last minute)
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.