Emergent Software is looking for smart, curious, problem solvers that know how to use the Microsoft stack to solve business problems. Qualified candidates will have advanced knowledge of the .Net framework and experience leading development projects. This role, which can be performed in-person, remote, or with a mix of both, is for self-starters with good communication skills, work ethic, and the ability to participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Solve our client’s needs pragmatically through new custom software, enhancements, bug fixes, or consulting.
- Lead mid-sized development projects from start to finish including technical requirements gathering, data modeling, technology selection, and deployment with guidance from a Technical Lead.
- Architect new applications or new features in existing applications with industry best practices.
- Meet with clients to craft technology solutions that will meet their business needs and estimate effort required to deliver the solutions.
- Collaborate with other team members on agile development teams.
- Provide code feedback to other team members through pull request reviews.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively to meet our clients’ delivery expectations.
- Mentor teammates to share your knowledge and built a stronger team.
- Build, maintain, and troubleshoot new and existing web applications.'
- Other related duties as assigned by your manager.
- Advanced experience with the Microsoft Stack (MS SQL Server, ASP.NET, Razor, IIS, .Net framework and .Net Core).
- Knowledge of good architectural patterns for writing scalable and maintainable software.
- Proven success leading projects from start to finish.
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable speaking to clients.
- Able to estimate tasks effectively and accurately.
- Ability to gather and write strong requirements based on client’s business objectives.
- Competence in at least four areas in the full stack with advanced experience in at least one:
1. Database design and development (data modeling, optimization, T-SQL)
2. Back-end development (data access, services, MVC, APIs)
5. Infrastructure (DevOps, build processes, source control, cloud)
Nice to Have:
- Experience working directly with customer teams of all sizes is desired.
- Previous Software Development Consulting experience either independent consulting or with a firm.
- Experience with React or similar (e.g. Angular, Vue.JS).
- Experience with .Net Content Management systems (e.g. Sitecore, Umbraco).
- Experience with Azure or similar (AWS, Google Cloud).
- Experience with cross-platform mobile app development tools (e.g. Xamarin, React Native).
- Experience with non-Microsoft languages & technologies (e.g. Node.JS, PostgreSQL, Ruby, PHP).
- The ability to put a large amount of spin on ping pong serves goes a long way with this group.
About Emergent Software
Emergent Software is a growing software development and consulting company serving clients across the Twin Cities and beyond. As a Certified Microsoft Development Partner, our talented team of full-stack developers, SQL Server DBAs, Graphic & UI Designers, and Project Managers strive to deliver tailored solutions, continuous development, and managed services to our clients’ business challenges. Our goal is to become a trusted extension of your team, partnering with you on critical software projects to ensure long-term system health.
We offer a fun, engaging work environment that provides ample long-term career development opportunities for team members. Check us out on Glassdoor yourself to see how employees enjoy our remote working structure, flexible hours, profit sharing program, and more! At Emergent Software, your ideas will be heard, you will grow exponentially as a master of your craft, and you will enjoy working other dedicated team members to deliver software solutions for our clients.