Senior Java Team Lead
Financial Services Company
Our Client has been creating innovative software solutions in the Financial Technology space. Their solutions focus on speed and accuracy, which lead to a strong, long-lasting connection to our customers’ core needs. They are committed to providing a healthy and rewarding work environment that allows our team members to thrive.
Client is currently seeking a Java team leader to join the product development and support team. As a leader of an agile development team, you would design, build and maintain custom web applications for enterprise customers. All new development will be implemented in SpringBoot microservices that will deploy through our CI/CD pipeline as kubernetes containers.
An ideal candidate can have a background in back-end development that centers around JAVA and SpringBoot. This candidate will have a passion for conquering new challenges, building exceptional software, and team success. As a member of a small team, candidates must be self-directed, independent thinkers with an eye toward building well-tested, well-documented software.
- Knowledge of Java 8 and Java 11. Especially streams and functional programming.
- Knowledge of web services including building, consuming, and documenting REST and SpringBoot web services.
- Knowledgeable about the development of web-based applications including Single-page Applications (SPA’s)
- Strong desire to document and share software solutions to increase team knowledge
- Familiar with GIThub and the GIT repository.
- Experience working within a Software Development Life Cycle - Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Deployment and Support
- Experience with Maven build scripts is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment a plus
- Experience with CI/CD and jenkinsfiles is a plus
- Working knowledge of Docker images and cloud architecture is a plus.
- Testing - from unit to functional to integration. Experience with Junit is a plus.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Produce design documents based on customer requirements
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Leading and mentoring a small team of junior developers
- Attend weekly architectural planning meetings.
- Reviewing the work of other developers and providing feedback.
- Using coding standards and best practices to ensure quality.
- Participate in Sprint Retrospectives and Planning
- Participate in software release implementation, validation and training.
- 5+ years development experience in Java 8 or Java 11 with Spring, Hibernate or similar technologies.
- 2+ years of leading a development team
- The ability to generate simple database queries.
- Basic understanding of software security and the OWASP top 10.
- Basic ability to navigate through a linux command line environment.
- The ability to effectively present information to team members and project managers
- A strong understanding of software and computer systems and the ability to discuss issues related to them with the team
- The ability to focus on detailed tasks
- The ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
Please contact Lyn Drinane www.TheFindersInc.com 484-841-6859
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Java: 5 years (Required)
- Spring Boot: 2 years (Required)
- GitHub: 2 years (Required)
- SDLC: 2 years (Required)
- Leadership: 2 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Remote