Why Shepherd Center
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Shepherd Center which is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top 10 BEST rehabilitation hospitals in the nation. Shepherd is the only rehabilitation facility in the nation with an intensive care unit and medical components on-site, allowing us to begin the rehabilitation process sooner than other rehabilitation hospitals.
We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all departments, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Shepherd Center, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
The Clinical Tele-Exercise Instructor works with Shepherd Center’s multidisciplinary team of clinicians and researchers to design and develop evidence-based exercise and wellness videos that are specifically tailored to the needs, abilities, and preferences of people living with neurologic disorders.
What You’ll Be Doing
Design, Develop, and Manage Online Tele-Exercise Content
- Design tailored, evidenced-based tele-exercise content for people with neurologic disorders.
- Identify the types of content needed to establish a comprehensive, evidence based tele-exercise program by acquiring input from potential users, clinicians, and other stakeholders.
- Create original tele-exercise content to directly address the needs, concerns, and preferences of stakeholders.
- Independently operate audio/video recording devices (Laptops, iPads, Camcorders, etc.).
- Record and stream audio and video content for both on-demand and live classes.
- Review and edit pre-recorded video content.
- Troubleshoot technical issues that arise during production.
- Schedule publication of pre-recorded and live online content.
- Organize content into goal-specific programs.
- Demonstrate standard practices for generating quality online content: speech clarity, camera presence, appropriate energy, environment/background considerations, etc.
- Post and manage digital content on online platforms.
- May respond to posts/comments on social media platforms regarding online content.
- May establish interactive virtual events to maintain clinician-user rapport, build community, and generate real time feedback from users.
Maintain Safety and Compliance
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with Center and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION –
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
REQUIRED MINIMUM CERTIFICATION –
- No professional certifications required.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE –
- Candidate must have a minimum of three years professional experience as an exercise or wellness instructor.
- Proven track record of developing original tele-exercise content.
REQUIRED MINIMUM SKILLS –
- Working knowledge regarding the fundamental principles of exercise physiology.
- General technical knowledge of telecommunications and recording devices and associated software.
- Familiarity with virtual communication tools such as MS Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Completes orientation and initial assessment of competency successfully by determined due date.
- Completes mandatory education and annual competency assessment requirements by determined due date.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- High energy personality with strong camera presence.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS –
- This position requires participating in physical activity and exercise.
WORKING CONDITIONS –
- Requires regular operation of telecommunications technologies and media platforms.
Job Type: Part-time
Work Location: Remote