Why is Health Advocate a great place to work? For starters, Health Advocate employees enjoy helping people every single day. Employees are given the training they need to do their jobs well, and they work with supervisors and staff who are supportive and friendly. Employees have room to grow, and many of Health Advocate's supervisors are promoted from within the company. Plus, consider these perks: Benefits for full- and part-time employees, generous paid time off, and fun employee events, like holiday luncheons and dress down days!
Supervisor: Operations Unit
At Health Advocate, we are committed to providing our customers with expertise and services that improve the health, well-being and productivity of their employees. We are looking for the right person to: Manage an operational unit that enables us to best serve our clients and employees answering questions and responding to inquiries regarding employee benefit plans.
The appropriate candidate would be responsible for managing workflow with a phone unit , developing and implementing policies and procedures, training staff to perform specific functions and managing employee performance.
The right candidate will lead recruiting, hiring and training efforts that enable creative solutions to identifying the best candidates and enabling the new hires for success.
- Responsible for the administrative functions and supervision of an operations unit. This includes backlog and quality management for a team of Operations/Customer Service associates
- Provide organization, direction and staffing for all assigned service calls and case load assignments to ensure all calls are answered in accordance with Health Advocate’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor calls and audit case files daily to ensure the proper target resolution is identified and that, if possible, the case is closed at or near the target resolution.
- Ensure assigned staff members meet or exceed the standards, results, and responsibilities of their respective positions.
- Coach, mentor, and evaluate the performance of an assigned team.
- Assist in the selection, counseling, and discipline of all staff on the team.
- Provide oversight and direction to staff for assigned cases.
- Responsible for problem-solving issues and coordinating efforts with internal departments and subject matter experts.
- Provide healthcare benefit and claims consultation and support when appropriate to all internal departments.
- Routinely evaluate and monitor service calls and case management procedures to recommend any necessary changes to the Operations Manager.
- 11. Escalate cases through the appropriate channels in accordance with Health Advocate’s policies and procedures.
- Call center experience
- Bachelor's Degree or applicable work experience.
- Management or supervisory experience in healthcare benefits or claims processing.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build effective teams.
- Effective communication skills to interact with members, physicians, and insurance carrier representatives, with an emphasis on ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Assertive, self-confident, and resilient.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to search and identify resources through the internet.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate concepts, strategies and plans in terminology understood by business professionals.
- Ability to interpret Explanation of Benefits (EOBs).
- Familiarity with various types of health insurance coverage, coordination of benefits, and UCR fees.
Pay Benefits Work Schedule
Health Advocate offers a competitive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, and work/life balance programs, tuition reimbursement as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote