Dominion National, a rapidly growing and leading provider of dental and vision benefits has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sales Executive for the Philadelphia Metro and Southern New Jersey region.
The Sales Executive is responsible for regional sales of Dominion?s commercial dental and vision products sold directly with groups or through brokers, agents and consultants. The ideal Sales Executive would be a highly motivated team player with superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. The candidate must be a self-directed professional and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a talent to converse with individuals at all levels.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain an ongoing relationship with key insurance brokers, as well as their support staff, in order to develop new business.
- Coordinates activities with Group Services and other administrative departments to ensure that customers receive service which meets or exceeds their expectations and all predetermined service standards for new and existing clients.
- Coordinate the development of proposals as necessary.
- Coordinate and/or conduct open enrollment meetings for new accounts as necessary.
- Become familiar with competitive information and trends within the employee benefits industry. Collect such information and make it available to the appropriate Dominion personnel.
- Track all activities through corporate sales system(s) and submit all reports on a timely basis.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
The minimum qualifications for the ideal candidate include:
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of sales experience, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the healthcare industry
- Must have a proven track record reflecting the ability to produce effective sales results
- Requires a license to sell Health and Life Insurance or must obtain license to sell within 90 days from date of hire. Continued education is required to maintain license
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with the ability to travel frequently to client locations. The individual may work remotely. Travel to our corporate office in Arlington, VA may be required throughout the year
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics
- Comprehensive knowledge of the healthcare industry, local market, competing products and their capabilities as well as key differentiators
- Expertise in proposal preparation, negotiating contracts, and oral and written presentations