Franchise Update Media is searching for a knowledgeable and dedicated Production Editor. This person should be able to manage all facets of the editorial production component of printed magazines. The role is 100% remote and time management skills are a must to meet deadlines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Editing raw editorial files submitted by freelance writers and other contributors and preparing files for production. Must have mastery of grammar, good writing, style (traditional and in-house), all forms of editing, fact-checking, and an eye for detail. Expected to clean up articles with from minor rewriting/tweaking to major reworking. Will work with art director and follow the editorial process from beginning to end - from original article through page proofing PDFs for printing. Person will work alongside other editorial staff and art department team. Prefer someone with business magazine editing/production background.
The position would be responsible for the production process of 8 print magazines produced each year. This job could become permanent for the right person with the right set of skills.
- Strong Mac computer skills and related software knowledge and proficiency
- Highly organized; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, and manage time and meet deadlines efficiently
- Strong attention to detail, quality, and process
- Good with numbers/data/stats
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and demonstrated ability to ask for support or help
- Hardworking, self-starting, and collaborative
- Highly resourceful and flexible problem-solver
Preferred but not required:
· Journalism background with the ability to interview subjects by phone and write concise, informative business stories.
Job Type: Contract
- On call
Work Location: Remote