This is a 100% remote position.
A growing, fast-paced agency, McLellan Writing Team is seeking a content editor to join our team of enterprise-class writers and editors in helping to ensure the editorial quality, accuracy and suitability of content we create. Since 1994, we have delivered enterprise-class marketing strategy and content for many of the technology companies in the Fortune 500.
Bring your superior command of the English language, your creative spark, your passion for clear and compelling communication, and your mastery of deadlines and schedules to write and edit marketing content for some of the largest technology companies in the world.
In this role, you’ll need to think imaginatively and act strategically, working with the editorial team to deliver content that engages and delights our clients and their customers. To this end, you will review content produced by in-house and freelance writers and editors for a range of marketing assets including web content, collateral, e-books, articles, white papers and thought leadership content. You will also assist the Content Manager in providing feedback to support our writers in consistently producing fresh, enterprise-level storytelling.
Who you are:
- You have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of storytelling and a drive to foster this with our writers and editors.
- You’re confident and detail-oriented, with a background in writing and editing content about high-tech topics.
- You revel in marketing content, from email campaigns and blogs to web content and case studies to white papers and journal articles.
- You have strong editorial judgment and excellent copyediting skills.
- You love style guides and understand the need to implement them to reach your client’s audience.
- You excel at fact checking and are a fast, thorough, accurate researcher.
- You take ownership of your work, and you have strong points of view.
What you’ll do:
- Edit a variety of marketing assets for multiple clients, delivering projects on time and at high quality.
- Write and edit copy on deadline using your sharp wit, superb research skills, sophisticated yet highly accessible writing style, and a honed instinct for what influences the buyer’s journey.
- Assess written content to ensure that it combines storytelling and technology expertise and meets our quality standards.
- Work with the Senior Content Editor and the Content Manager to ensure that fresh, original storytelling is a part of every asset.
- 5+ years of experience writing and editing marketing content, preferably for global technology enterprises.
- Professional, diplomatic manner and superb people skills; ability to build rapport and effective working relationships.
- Close familiarity with AP Stylebook, Chicago Manual of Style and other style guides, as well as branding and marketing guidelines.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency in Word, and a working knowledge of Adobe products.
- Familiarity with content management and project management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree. English, communication, journalism or similar preferred.
- Coursework in technical writing, marketing or business a plus.
Ready to apply?
Step one: Visit www.mclellanwritingteam.com to get an idea of who we are and what we do.
Step two: Please provide a cover letter and resume in a single document, cover letter first, resume second. You may submit either a MS Word document or PDF. Name the document in the following format: lastname_firstname_Content_Editor.pdf or .docx. For example: Snape_Severus_Content_Editor.docx
In your cover letter, let us know why you’re a great fit for the job. Feel free to include links to online portfolios and samples. Don’t be shy. We want people who know they’re good and want to make a difference in their work. That’s the kind of team you’ll be joining.
Email application materials to: mwtresume [at] mclellanwritingteam.com. Reples [at] with @ and remove spaces before and after.
NOTE: Due to the volume of submitted applications, after the initial confirmation that we’ve received your application, we will only contact applicants who move into phase two of the application process.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote