- BA or BS degree in a relevant field such as instructional technology, educational technology, organizational development, etc. is desirable
- 5+ years of work experience with career progression in the field of instructional design, including significant experience in designing and delivering training solutions to large organizations
- Demonstrated ability to assess training effectiveness and ROI to stakeholders and leaders
- Experience developing self-paced eLearning curriculums, storyboards, job aids, online tutorials, assessments and print-based materials
- Experience developing localized training content for multiple languages/cultures
- Experience with eLearning authoring tools, such as Storyline/Rise 360, Captivate, Lectora, or similar
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, such as Cornerstone, Thinking Cap, or similar
The WFS Field Learning and Development Team is looking for an Instructional Designer to develop world-class learning solutions for our customers worldwide. In this position, you will be an architect and leader in creating and improving learning products. You will work on instructional design projects that utilize your expertise in learning theory, instructional technologies, and human performance technology to enhance the performance of Amazonians.
The solutions you create will enable improved employee experience, shorten lead times to proficiency, and provide performance support at the point of need. This includes performing needs assessments to identify learning objectives with business stakeholders, designing, testing, and rapidly iterating instructional content for your audience, and developing knowledge and performance observation assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of training.
Candidates should have experience working autonomously across multiple locations, expertise in developing and maintaining strong business relationships, collaborating across different fields of expertise, and implementing learning project plans. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment and develop innovative solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Discover and Innovate: take a results-oriented approach in partnering with business stakeholders at all levels to understand program goals and define the learning solution that will make their programs successful
- Design and Develop: create performance-focused training content that engages our learners, ensuring content is ready for localization and deployment in international marketplaces
- Design and Develop: create outstanding learning tools, performance support aids, practice tests, online tutorials, and other materials to meet identified needs
- Design and Develop: create tests, quizzes, and other assessments to ensure learner understanding and performance
- Deliver Results: manage your projects amidst ambiguity, competing priorities, and challenging deadlines
- Be the voice of the learner, ensuring that their needs are at the forefront of our content efforts and help our team iterate and improve on our content offering.
- Lead projects through the design lifecycle from scoping, research and analysis, design, development, and launch; providing clear timelines through all phases, communicating with key partners, and selecting appropriate measurement for successful implementation
- Identify learning objectives, assess learners, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies to deliver instruction, including consulting with program owners and subject matter experts to identify performance gaps and learning objectives
- Manage the development of instructional materials (tutorials, digital interactives, user guides, audio and video content (including scripts), story boards, navigational text, assessment tests, etc.) which transform technical information into professionally written, engaging instruction
- Direct and guide learning design for internal and/or external subject matter experts enlisted to produce and publish technical content
- Master's degree in related field
- Extensive experience with eLearning authoring tools, such as Storyline/Rise 360, Captivate, Lectora, or similar.
- Extensive experience with Learning Management Systems, such as Cornerstone, Thinking Cap, or similar
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate (e.g. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.)
- Advanced Multimedia development in audio, video, and/or animation (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, Vyond)
- Experience with emerging tech trends for content creation (e.g. gamification, virtual reality, augmented reality and xAPI)
- Experience with coordination and organization for global initiatives
- Solid project management skills including, planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, working with stakeholders, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results
- Exceptional ability to earn trust of subject matter experts and stakeholders
- Experience working with content management systems
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities
- San Francisco, CA: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Los Angeles, CA: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For virtual jobs where work can be performed in Colorado: For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $100,000/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.