This position is responsible for developing, coordinating, and delivering training to employees on software applications and processes used by Health Care Financial Services (HCFS) to manage revenue cycle operations. The Revenue Cycle Instructor is reports to the Vice President of Education and Integration in HCFS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains training programs and documentation for revenue cycle applications and processes, including e-learning modules, training manuals, quick reference and technical trouble-shooting guides;
- Achieves, maintains and leverages expert-level system and process knowledge to standardize and support revenue cycle training across multiple billing center locations;
- Works closely with billing center and National Patient Service Center trainers and management to ensure training is effective and meets staff and management needs;
- Trains adult learners in multiple learning settings including the classroom, through web conferencing, and one-on-one;
- Ensures system training environments are maintained, prepared and operational to support training needs;
- Travels to TeamHealth billing center locations for technical and business process training and to support billing center trainers, as needed, and to maintain relevant system knowledge base (frequency of travel varies throughout the year and is estimated around 25% of work schedule);
- Tests system functionality, as needed, to support revenue cycle application upgrades and enhancements;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job performed in a well-lighted, modern office setting
- Occasional lifting (10 pounds or less)
- Prolonged sitting
- Prolonged work on a PC/computer
- Occasional or periodic travel
- Periodic evening or weekend work when needed
- Moderate stress
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Communication, Business, or related field, or equivalent professional experience;
- Two years of experience in training and development, ideally in revenue cycle functions, with a firm understanding of adult learning principles;
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Previous experience using web conferencing applications like WebEx and Go To Meeting beneficial;
- Previous experience with GE Centricity Business preferred;
- Previous experience with e-learning module development preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to self-motivate and work with limited supervision;
- Ability to handle stress and conflict;
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a rapid pace environment.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.