Westbrook is a mission driven company formed to empower artists to tell stories that connect the world. At Westbrook Inc., we provide strategic, financial, legal, and other back-end support to our existing subsidiary companies (Westbrook Studios, Westbrook Media, Good Goods, Red Table Talk Productions, Inc., and Westbrook International), develop new business opportunities, and share our learnings, skills, and tools with new talent creating art and media across all major platforms. With Westbrook's reach, expertise, and resources, we are poised to be a leader in the global, multiplatform content marketplace.
About the Program
Westbrook is launching a 12-week paid internship program beginning this September. The program is fully remote and designed for anyone passionate about building a career within the entertainment and media industry. Interns will have the opportunity to work under our digital content studio (Westbrook Media) or our film and television studio (Westbrook Studios); placements will be determined and evaluated by the hiring team during the application process.
The program dives into the craft, development and operations behind how we create content, while also developing your professional skills and connecting you to industry mentors. Through hands-on experience and a blended approach of virtually-held class lessons, you'll learn what it means to be a part of a collaborative team and how your unique talents can grow within the entertainment industry.
We're searching for part time candidates from various backgrounds at all experience levels. Ideally, candidates will have successfully held at least 1-2 prior professional jobs (industry is not important).
Please note: candidates must be legal residents of any US State.
- The program will start September 6th and run through December 2nd
- This is a part time position (15-20 hours per week).
- Compensation will be either the living wage for your city or the Los Angeles living wage ($19.35), whichever is higher.
Applications will be accepted up until Tuesday, July 12th 5:00pm PDT
As a Westbrook intern, you will:
- Immerse yourself into the Westbrook culture and gain exposure to various different aspects of the business.
- Learn from some of the best in the business through hands-on experience & access to industry executives.
- Sharpen and expand your skillset to help you officially launch your career in entertainment.
- Receive regular feedback and coaching to help foster both your personal and professional growth.
- Participate in learning & development opportunities to increase your knowledge of Westbrook's business, as well the entertainment and media industry at large.
- Join a larger cohort, network and community to support you as you begin your career.
What we're looking for:
- Kindness and empathy towards yourself and others
- True passion, interest and excitement for the entertainment industry
- A spirit of adaptability and flexibility, especially in a fast-paced and quickly changing (currently virtual) environment
- Confidence in your written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization (for yourself and sometimes others)
- Excitement around opportunities to be creative and take initiative
- Ownership of your experience – including learning from mistakes and asking questions
- An open-mind and willingness to step out of your comfort zone
- Curiosity and a drive to continue learning and growing
- Optimism and a positive team player mentality
- Passion for creating a positive impact and adding value in any situation
Westbrook is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Westbrook believes that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.