Who we are:
For 23 years, Educational Connections Tutoring and Test Prep has provided one-to-one instruction that students need to improve their grades, critical thinking strategies, organizational skills, and much more.
We believe that every student, even the most accomplished ones, can use a little help with optimizing their study habits. For that reason, we incorporate skills like staying organized, planning ahead to reduce procrastination, and study techniques into most everything we do. We offer four services: Subject Tutoring, Executive Function Coaching, SAT and ACT preparation, and full cycle college counseling.
At Educational Connections, you'll have the opportunity to make a huge difference in the lives of students through completely individualized, one-on-one, online tutoring.
- Meet with students in a 1 on 1 virtual setting using Lessonspace or other video meeting platforms for 90 minute sessions.
- Assist students in preparing for the SAT or ACT by teaching subject content and test taking skill, tips, and tricks. MUST BE ABLE TO TUTOR ALL SECTIONS OF THE ACT/SAT.
- Communicate with parents and EC Tutoring Staff as needed to set up session times, address concerns, or provide updates
- Complete session notes within 24 hours of completing a tutoring session in our Tutor/Student Management system
- Attend paid tutor development webinars - Tutors are also invited to join EC Tutoring’s parent webinars which cover a wide range of useful topics.
- Utilize a wide range of online resources and tools to make lessons interactive and engaging.
- Live in the Eastern Standard or Central Time Zone
- 5+ years of Test Prep experience
- Experience working with students with learning differences or students who receive accommodations on tests.
- Passionate about working with kids!
- Excellent communication skills and intermediate technology skills since all tutoring is done virtually.
- Be available to tutor up to 20 hours per week between 3pm and 9pm on weekdays and at least 1 weekend day. Weekend availability is required.
- Must pass our diagnostic test and be equally good at math and verbal sections.
- Familiarity with Summit Test materials is a plus!
EC Tutoring is an EEO employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $45.00 per hour
- test prep: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote