For more than 170 years, The Hanover has been committed to delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE through our values, ESG initiatives and IDE journey.
Our Commercial Lines team is currently seeking a Sr. IT Business Analyst to join our growing team in our Worcester, MA office or remote work arrangement.
We are looking for an advance level business analyst with the desire to join a dynamic team managing systems that support business outcomes for our Specialty Lines business units. The position offers the opportunity to partner with business and technology partners. If you love working in a collaborative, innovative and learning environment, then we want to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Hanover employee looking for a new creative challenge.
The Sr IT Business Analyst serves as a primary contact for any questions related to how the system works from both a business and technical perspective. As a member of the team, you are expected to research, collect, prioritize, document, and communicate business needs and requirements. You will develop relationships with business partners demonstrating knowledge of the business applications and products.
You are detail oriented, a problem solver, have excellent communication and collaboration skills – and can utilize those skills effectively to partner and collaborate to develop requirements and solve business problems.
With your blend of business analysis skills, technical capabilities and development of business and system knowledge, you will successfully partner with business units and IT to support our business applications.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Collaborate with business partners, project team members, other IT colleagues, and external vendors to ensure clarity of the business problem, outcome, and scope.
- Provide technical expertise across the Specialty Lines and Infrastructure technology business units, understanding the relationship between the business and the data and technology that supports the business.
- Proactively researches and applies innovative best practices for areas of expertise & recommends improvements to current procedures in partnership with the BA Center of Excellence (Coe) and the Project Management Office (PMO)
- Works independently and mentors other team members to do the following: Be prepared to lead the project team in providing business context and ensuring the success of the QA deliverables and business acceptance testing
- May act as a project lead on small to medium size projects and technology driven initiatives.
- Responsible for the collection, analysis and documentation of business and/or technical requirements, which may include, but is not limited to: Participating in planning sessions with business partners to improve a business process or products supported by Specialty Lines.
- Support the design, testing, and implementation of requirements.
- Identify business priorities and advise business partners on options and technical limitations.
- Have an understanding and an ability to apply knowledge of basic systems within Hanover’s technology portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent required.
- +5 Years of relevant work experience.
- Strong Business Acumen - Knowledge of insurance products preferred ideally with Specialty experience and an ability to continuously learn and engage with business partners regarding scope and business value
- Has experience participating across multiple project methodologies-agile, waterfall, iterative
- Strong relationship skills – Ability to effectively collaborate with business & IT partners and to foster strong relationships with them to aid successful project delivery
- Analytical Thinking - Applies analytical techniques (e.g., separating a complex whole into its parts or elements to resolve problems or issues)
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Information seeking - Thoroughly investigates and researches multiple sources to expose details and complete information about resources, issues, problems, and so forth. Conducts in-depth research, asks probing questions, and transcends surface issues.
- Self-Management - Effectively plans and organizes their work to achieve desired outcomes. Demonstrates flexibility in applying different approaches to changing work demands. Shows confidence in own abilities to meet challenges and can maintain performance under stress.
It’s not just a job, it’s a career, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you – at every level – to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you’ll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Cultural Awareness Day in support of IDE
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)
- Click here for the full list of Benefits
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities who wish to request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform essential job functions, should contact us at: HRServices@hanover.com and include the link of the job posting in which you are interested.
Applicants who are California residents:
To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.