The role of the Strategic Account Manager for Shoes For Crews is to maintain and expand relationships within an assigned segment account portfolio. The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales targets and assigned strategic account objectives.
The Strategic Account Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
- Increase revenue in current customer base by improving participation, purchasing activities and account penetration
- Develop and conduct a customer engagement strategy, face to face meetings, and attend industry events
- Develop and organize information in a format to successfully manage sales planning such as proposals, RFP responses, business plans, capabilities overview, testimonials and ROI case studies.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key buying influences in assigned customer accounts.
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership team regarding competitive offerings, customer needs and generate product development ideas.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Achieves assigned sales targets in designated strategic accounts.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Implement a customer facing territory plan to drive growth of existing business, drive growth of low performing units/locations, reactivate inactive units/locations and adding new units/locations.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company leadership.
- Completes strategic account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within assigned time frame.
- Reports to the Vice President of Sales, Corporate Sales Division
- Enlists the support of sales support, business development team, implementation resources, product managers, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
- Works closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Deliver Results. Ensure that we achieve Shoes For Crews projections, goals and objectives and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Act Commercially. Have the ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer focused decisions. Analyze problems thoroughly and make good and timely decisions.
- Manage Self. Manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands. Display courage when required to make tough decisions.
- Work with Others. Build relationships with the Sales Support, Operations, Business Development Specialists, Retail, and business support employees to achieve our mission.
- Display Leadership. Inspire others to achieve the company objectives and hold them accountable for high standards of performance. Make our sales team effective and hold individuals to account.
- Demonstrated, successful sales performance including building and maintaining relationships to generate sales through phone and in-person meetings
- Proven and successful negotiation, presentation, problem solving and closing skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop relevant strategic plans and successfully execute related tactical objectives.
- 5+ years of proven B2B sales experience with complex, multi-location accounts
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Driven to meet goals, generate results and overcome objectives
- Proficient with a leading CRM solution (preferably Salesforce.com), Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Current valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Position will require overnight travel of 7-10 nights per month. This may vary higher and lower as business demands.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
Work Location: Remote