Resource Energy was founded in 2007 with the mission of assisting commercial real estate owners with their energy needs. Resource Energy began expanding its services to meet this real need in cities and towns across the country, with a focus on customer service and simplifying energy procurement and tenant utility billing for their clients. Today, Resource Energy operates in 45 states with a team of roughly 50 energy analysts, mechanical engineers, sales personnel, and software engineers. The company services hundreds of millions of square feet of commercial energy load, providing a diverse portfolio of properties and companies with creative and highly customized solutions to their energy needs.
Resource Energy is seeking an experienced, motivated Senior Sustainability Analyst. The Senior Sustainability Analyst will be responsible for the development and implementation of Environmental Social Governance (ESG) strategy and practices for clients’ commercial real estate investment portfolio. This role will support and report the Director of Sustainability. This entails working with client’s ESG taskforce and/or ESG leader daily to develop and assist in all aspects of sustainability from corporate level strategy development to portfolio level ESG reporting to property level sustainability implementation. This is a full-time opportunity to apply your enthusiasm for sustainability and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) strategies to support national clients in a variety of industries.
You will work closely with our clients who range from industry leaders on the cutting edge of sustainability and ESG program implementation, to organizations just embarking on their sustainability journey. Come join RES, an organization whose core businesses house the environmental data of our clients, so that you can apply your skills and passion to truly develop, manage, and implement our clients ESG programs.
- Lead multiple client sustainability engagements that support Resource Energy’s multiple lines of business, including leading environmental, social, and governance (ESG) programs.
- Working with the Director of Sustainability and internal RES technical teams and resources to develop and execute overall client strategy, program design, and implementation and lead program implementation including securing client buy-in and approval, tracking, execution, collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, program evaluation and refinement.
- Overall responsibility for fully coordinating third party reporting to GRESB, CDP, and GHG inventories as well as CSR and ESG reports for RES clients that report.
- Perform high level ESG position assessments with RES clients just embarking on sustainability or ESG programs.
- Support RES technical teams in the identification and deployment of appropriate energy efficiency and sustainability measures.
- Engage with clients by building and maintaining key customer relationships to create opportunities for client growth. Visit client sites as needed to meet with the client or oversee work of our project team.
- Regularly review client deliverables for quality control and budget accountability, ensuring the work is accurate, on time, on budget and meets the client’s needs.
- As needed, manage all aspects of consulting contracts, including project execution, budget tracking, and consultant supervision.
- Work with and support the RES energy procurement executive and team, the Director of Sustainability, and the RES executive team on monitoring and staying informed on emerging green building legislation, jurisdictional energy compliance reporting requirements and trends, and carbon pricing and cap and trade programs and trends.
- Experience and knowledge of the commercial real estate industry and insight into business drivers and material ESG aspects that improve business, investment, and real estate financial performance.
- Knowledge of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager required, with working experience a plus.
- Direct experience developing and implementing successful sustainability, CSR, ESG, energy and/or emissions strategy and management programs across multiple commercial real estate building portfolios.
- Demonstrated direct experience in the development and submission of annual GRESB and CDP disclosures including first-hand experience using all reporting platform prescribed tools, templates, and portal supporting these ESG disclosure submissions.
- Demonstrated experience and a working knowledge/library of resources and template policies/guidance addressing Social and Governance aspects of ESG platforms.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with all other major ESG disclosure platforms reporting frameworks such as including but not limited to GRI, CSA, UN PRI, DJSI, TCFD.
- Knowledge of with greenhouse gas inventories and carbon management strategies, including carbon neutrality or net zero programs.
- Knowledge of green building certifications such as LEED, BREEAM, WELL, Fitwel
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with and managing internal technical resources and teams to support your external communication and delivery to client ESG managers and executives.
- Ability to effectively manage changing priorities to ensure client and internal needs are being met in a timely manner.
- Ability to successfully manage interpersonal situations, including employee and client relationships.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to write reports and presentations of details and summaries that identify and recommend operational best practices.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, programs, and priorities at the same time.
We prefer the position to be based out of Columbia, MD. However, we will consider remote candidates as well. Travel required.