Who We Are:
The Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group, (MAPMG) is one of the nation's premier multispecialty medical groups and is the largest integrated medical group in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. Founded in 1980, the medical group has more than 1,700 Permanente physicians spanning more than 50 subspecialties. Together, we serve approximately 800,000 Kaiser Permanente members in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia at 34 area medical centers, plus several community hospitals and skilled nursing facilities.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Physician Recruitment to join our Human Resources team. The Director of Physician Recruitment oversees a team of physician recruiters in designing and implementing strategies to attract top talent in support of our mission and values. This high visibility and strategic role will work closely with MAPMG's senior physician leadership and hiring managers to fulfill the needs of the organization. The Director serves as a subject matter expert on inclusive recruiting best practices and is responsible for the development of the overall strategy for physician recruitment, identifying and implementing efficient and effective recruitment processes that provide an excellent experience for candidates and internal stakeholders.
This position may begin fully remotely and will eventually be based in our regional office in Rockville, Maryland with the ability to work from home a few days a week. Out of state candidates must be willing to relocate to the Mid-Atlantic states area in order to be considered for this position.
- In partnership with senior leadership and hiring managers, sets the course for the physician recruitment team to ensure that business needs are met
- Coaches, mentors, and develops a team of recruiters, including helping them creatively develop successful search strategies to drive individual and team results
- Leads and motivates a high performing physician recruitment team by mentoring and developing to ensure all have a thorough understanding of the businesses they support as well as best practice sourcing and recruitment technology to locate, engage and attract prospective candidates.
- Tracks and analyzes talent acquisition metrics and reports on progress; leverages data and analysis to solve complex business and talent problems
- Leads sourcing strategies through a variety of sourcing channels including the use of social media, program events, and other innovative recruitment events
- Manages, leverages, and challenges existing recruiting strategies, methods, and systems
- Seeks continuous technology enhancements, including the applicant tracking system
- Develops a suitable talent pipeline to drive business results, including outreach to schools and community groups
- Manages vendor relationships (advertising, locum tenens, etc.)
- Manages recruitment and advertising budgets
- Uses best practice recruitment strategies/technology to attract strong, diverse talent
- Establishes a strategic talent acquisition plan in partnership with hiring leaders to effectively source and deliver talent necessary to achieve business outcomes
- Keeps abreast of recruitment trends and best practices
- Provides input to improve onboarding and training programs
- Seeks feedback from internal and external customers identifying opportunities for future growth and improvement
- Effectively develops and leads projects and improvement initiatives offering creative ideas for new talent acquisition program development
- Works collaboratively with leadership/team to meet high volume recruitment needs of in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Develops successful consultative relationships with Physicians-In-Chief, Service Chiefs, and other hiring managers
- Stays up to date on credentialing, licensing, and hospital privileging processes as they relate to recruitment
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required; Master's degree is highly preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive recruitment experience is required; Physician recruitment experience is preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory & leadership responsibility is required
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Proficiency and technical aptitude in the use of Microsoft Office products, Applicant Tracking Systems, HRM systems, UKG strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data
- A wide degree of creativity, near and long-term recruiting vision, and business understanding, are required
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including 100% employer-funded medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and families
- Great work/life balance
- Generous paid time off
- Maternity and parental leave
- Pension plan and 401(k) retirement plan
- Life insurance, and short-term disability and long-term disability coverage
- Education reimbursement
Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity:
MAPMG continuously works to identify and mitigate healthcare inequities, and that starts with providing an inclusive, supportive environment for our physicians. We encourage applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin who value diversity and will commit to practicing culturally competent healthcare.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We value our diversity and E/O/E M/F/D/V.