Purpose of JobWe are seeking an Instructional Design Senior in the San Antonio, Phoenix, Colorado Springs, Tampa Campus, Tampa Crosstown offices or as a Remote opportunity who are interested in transferring to this exciting opportunity.
Partners with business leaders and Learning Performance Consultants to gather and validate learning requirements (performance requirements, measures of success, terms and conditions). Performs analyses, designs and develops learning curriculum to improve performance of USAA employees. Assesses the learning outcomes that need to be developed, understands the performance expectations and gaps, and assists in deriving the appropriate learning solution. Works under minimal supervision.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Sets instructional end goals and produces curriculum that meets them and the learning needs of the business.
- Develops and manages timelines and milestones.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to validate that curriculum solutions align to business priorities and strategy for operational effectiveness.
- Completes peer to peer reviews to ensure consistency, quality, and appropriate use of course content guidelines.
- Develops tools and processes to measure effectiveness of curriculum solutions and learner performance to ensure solutions meet employee skill development requirements.
- Engages third party vendor relationships to provide learning solutions to specific communities.
- Assembles key participants and guides and facilitates cross functional teams in the strategy development and implementation of business solutions.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes to become a trusted advisor.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides recommendations that influence business solutions.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Bachelor's degree OR (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- 6 years progressive work experience in instructional design to include training industry experience and advanced knowledge of instructional design tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, project management skills, multi-tasking and project flexibility.
- Ability to use communication and collaboration skills and instructional design technologies effectively to navigate the training environment.
- Proficient experience with instructional authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline 360 and/or Adobe Suite.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Master’s Degree in Educational Technology or Instructional Design.
- Instructional Design experience working in a financial services company.
- Experience with designing and developing training that is effective, efficient, engaging, creative, innovative, and targets multiple audiences.
- Able to work within established processes, standards and guidelines, adaptable to change, enjoys challenge and approaches problem solving and critical thinking with ease.
- Excellent customer relationship management and presentation skills.
- Ability to articulate learning strategy, theory, and concepts into understandable terms for our business customers.
- Works effectively within a matrix team / organization.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200 - $144,500 *(This does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
- Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.